RATINGS: 440   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDR’s Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

SSSteve (4006) - - OCT 22, 2010
can. clear and rusty color with a small beige head. can’t put my finger on the aroma right now. the flavor has lots of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. some light bittering hops but mostly a malty beer. floral and fruity at times. tasty overall.

scrizzz (2223) - Bothell, Washington, USA - OCT 22, 2010
Toasty roasted aroma, little dusting of nutmeg over a smooth brown ale. spice note along with the beer flattens out in the sip. hmm. broken down, gently spiced mild.

Beerme (25) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2010
Can at The Beer Authority in Seattle. Aroma of cloves and malts, poured a thin tan head and a nice ruby brown color. Crisp on the palate, not an over the top spice like I just finished a ginger cigarette. Made my belly warm and makes me want to listen to the radio.

elgiacomo (747) - Ringgold/Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, USA - OCT 18, 2010
12oz canned October 7, 2010.

Pours dark brown, red/orange under the light with a large foamy tan head that holds a good cap and leaves some rings of lacing.

Aroma is heavily spiced, as expected. I’m not a spice expert but can pick up some ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Some citrus hops also manage to come through with some caramel malt, toffee, and brown sugar. Good strength.

Flavor generally follows suit, although the spices aren’t quite as pronounced as they are on the nose. The citrus character comes through more here, along with the maltiness. Finishes mostly dry.

Mouthfeel is on the thinner side, slick, medium carbonation.

A very good spiced Winter Warmer, although not quite to the level of Anchor’s Our Special Ale. Drinkability takes a bit of a hit as it is hard for me to drink more than one spiced beer in an evening, but I certainly did enjoy trying this and will save the rest of the 6-pack for around Thanksgiving and Christmas.