RATINGS: 448   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDR’s Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

ryecatcher (1436) - Bridgeport, Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 16, 2015
Bullshit political comments aside (FDR had nothing to do with this beer... and regardless he was wayyy better than anyone who has been president since -- just sayin), this is a boring and uninspired holiday beer from a brewery that is hit or miss. Tastes like it’s trying to be Great Lakes Christmas or Avery Jubilation... but fails in both. The body is too thin, the spices stale. If Santa left this under my tree, I’d punch him in the neck.

crossovert (12929) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2015
355ml can. Hearkening back to a terrible president and terrible era of the US. Why? Aroma is hops, brown sugar, and some pumpkin pie. Tastes liek a rubbermaid full of christmas things, tastes christmassy ill give em that.

stevoj (5039) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 9, 2015
Can from Winco. A pretty solid brew, I’m sensing an English ale under the spice bouquet. Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla all present, as accents, not overdone. Solid malt body carries it well. Body a bit thin, lets see where this goes with a little warmth.

kingaugusta (270) - Georgia, USA - NOV 2, 2015
Pours medium brown and clear. nose is weak a little bit of raisins and alcohol. flavor is similarly lacking and generic with just a hint of herbs and brown sugar. drinkable but boring

Ron (3957) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 2, 2015
A can that’s been in my beer cellar since last winter. Clear copper dark brown with a foamy white head. Cinnamon and some clove in the nose. Mildly bitter with a little wood and a little alcohol in the mouth. Medium body and a little alcoholic finish.

tmoreau (4365) - Lombard, Illinois, USA - NOV 1, 2015
12 oz. cans poured to wine glass samplers at Binny’s of Glen Ellyn, IL. California Love Tasting, showing a clear, mahogany hue, with a frothy layer of tan head foam, and wavy cling to the lacing. The nose was toasted with a bit of sweetness and two of my favorite spices when I make pancakes or French toast, namely cinnamon & nutmeg. Medium bodied, with fair carbonation, the taste was similar, with no noticeable cocoa, unless it participated slightly in the toasted sweetness. Included was a moderate, lingering, earthy bitterness. Kind of a lightly spiced Brown Ale, with pleasant drinkability.

williamherbert (1544) - Syracuse, New York, USA - OCT 24, 2015
Deep red brown color with a huge puffy head. Looks like an amber or a light-colored brown. Or a root beer float. The aroma is sugary, with lots of wintry spices: cinnamon & sage. Brown sugar and dried leaves. Touch of hazelnut and almond. The taste is brown sugar, cinnamon, and molasses. It’s sweeter than I remember. The nuttiness is a distant second to the sweetness. The feel is slick and soft; a bit pillowy. This is not my favorite 21st Amendment brew, but it’s appropriate for the season. I’ll bet it would be welcome among non-beer drinkers who don’t like the bitterness.

ordybill (1758) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 26, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ can into an "Ass Clown" brewery pint glass. Aroma- World class smell, you can smell the whole spice rack in this beer. nutmeg, cinnamon, malt and some others make this a special aroma. Appearance- Pours a reddish-brown and has a small white head. Taste- I truly love this flavor, I have noticed that I am in the minority rating this, but hey each there own. Palate- A medium bodied lightly carbonated creamy textured beer. Overall- A great beer for me, this is the first winter warmer style beer I have had and I think the next one I try will be hard to top this one. I

katrinaez (2019) - norristown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 7, 2015
On tap. Must have been awhile ago since I don’t remember it and it must not have stuck out as amazing or my rating System would be better.

closey22 (1945) - Mt. Laurel, New Jersey, USA - MAR 14, 2015
Brown with Lacy thin beige head; aroma is subtly spicy malty; Flava is mildly roAsty and spice notes of nutmeg; feels medium nicely fjzzy; finishes dryish with roasty malt notes