RATINGS: 440   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDR’s Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

philtom15 (54) - Kansas, USA - JAN 14, 2012
A very nice color, nose is spiced pie. Flavor is a spice not unlike nutmeg. A very nice winter drink, very refreshing and warms the body. A definite beer to add to your drunk list.

brocariums (4) - - OCT 16, 2014 does not count
With rather high abvs, this beer doesn’t kick as much as you would think. It has a nice spice that lends itself to be very drinkable and perfect for the cold winter months.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 26, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ can into an "Ass Clown" brewery pint glass.
Aroma- World class smell, you can smell the whole spice rack in this beer. nutmeg, cinnamon, malt and some others make this a special aroma.
Appearance- Pours a reddish-brown and has a small white head.
Taste- I truly love this flavor, I have noticed that I am in the minority rating this, but hey each there own.
Palate- A medium bodied lightly carbonated creamy textured beer.
Overall- A great beer for me, this is the first winter warmer style beer I have had and I think the next one I try will be hard to top this one.

I

poisoneddwarf (2671) - Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, USA - DEC 26, 2010
12 oz can into Sam Adams lager glass. Pours a deep brown murky hue with a medium head with nice retention and nice lacework. Aroma is packed: clove, cinnamon, nutmeg...metal (knowing this brewery, this will go away shortly......it does). Taste starts out sweet and then turns sour; a slight bitterness comes out as it warms. Carbonation is medium; body is medium-full; chewy. Definitely the best "winter warmer" I’ve ever had.