RATINGS: 448   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 45   EST. CALORIES: 237   ABV: 7.9%
Like FDR’s Depression-Era Radio Addresses, which were like a kick in the butt and a hug at the same time, our Fireside Chat is a subtle twist on the traditional seasonal brew. We begin with a rich, dark, English-style ale and then we improvise with spices until we know we have a beer worth sharing with the nation. Celebrating the right to be original.

philtom15 (54) - Kansas, USA - JAN 14, 2012
A very nice color, nose is spiced pie. Flavor is a spice not unlike nutmeg. A very nice winter drink, very refreshing and warms the body. A definite beer to add to your drunk list.

brocariums (4) - - OCT 16, 2014 does not count
With rather high abvs, this beer doesn’t kick as much as you would think. It has a nice spice that lends itself to be very drinkable and perfect for the cold winter months.

ordybill (1758) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - APR 26, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ can into an "Ass Clown" brewery pint glass. Aroma- World class smell, you can smell the whole spice rack in this beer. nutmeg, cinnamon, malt and some others make this a special aroma. Appearance- Pours a reddish-brown and has a small white head. Taste- I truly love this flavor, I have noticed that I am in the minority rating this, but hey each there own. Palate- A medium bodied lightly carbonated creamy textured beer. Overall- A great beer for me, this is the first winter warmer style beer I have had and I think the next one I try will be hard to top this one. I

poisoneddwarf (2511) - Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, USA - DEC 26, 2010
12 oz can into Sam Adams lager glass. Pours a deep brown murky hue with a medium head with nice retention and nice lacework. Aroma is packed: clove, cinnamon, nutmeg...metal (knowing this brewery, this will go away shortly......it does). Taste starts out sweet and then turns sour; a slight bitterness comes out as it warms. Carbonation is medium; body is medium-full; chewy. Definitely the best "winter warmer" I’ve ever had.

tallmanwriting (1) - - NOV 21, 2011 does not count
Absolutely delicious winter brew. Well done, 21st Amendment crew. Perfect complement to pork tenderloin and roasted vegetables. Highly recommend for all fall and winter holiday meals.

bwy (87) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 18, 2017
We were surprised but easily made it into one of our favorite winter seasonals. Reviewed at: https://youtu.be/9AP1NEF_UIA?list=PL2I6nU36z3

eastbayjay (9) - California, USA - JAN 20, 2012 does not count
On a cold dark night this beer is just what the doctor ordered. One of the more flavorful winter Warmers. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

GMurani (11) - - NOV 20, 2012
Poured out of a 12 oz. can. Very nice head and retention. The beer has a light, yet complex taste of spices. The appearance and taste is right up the Christmas beer alley. A very solid beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - OCT 26, 2013
The less PC amongst us would say its a Christmas ale, and its a superb example of the style. Highly spiced, even more than apropos, over a fine malt base. A- ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Kita (2147) - Koper, SLOVENIA - DEC 25, 2013
On tap @ Rosamunde, Brooklyn, NY. Clear dark brown color with thin creamy off-white head, good lacing and average sparkling appearance. Aroma of caramel malt, nuts, some spices and dried fruits. Taste starts with smooth and rich malty sweetness, backed up with caramel and chocolate, following is refreshing spicy and a bit grassy with light bitter finish. Medium to full body, oily texture and lively carbonation in palate. Real winter warmer...