overall
RATINGS: 316   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
You might not expect a Saison in winter. But the enemy didn’t expect Washington to cross the icy Delaware, either. Expectations be damned, we say. We’re sneaking up on winter with a boatload of bravado and this Belgian-style farmhouse ale. Dry hopped with whole organic cardamom pods, our Saison has an assertive spiciness. In your face, winter.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - MAR 6, 2014
The appearance has a hazy golden yellow colored body with a half finger’s worth of white foamy head that dies at a moderate pace leaving some clingy foamy lacing. Carbonation is seen rising fairly rapidly. The smell is sweet yeasty with a decent amount of peppery spiciness that combines throughout the beer. The taste has a nice sweet yeastiness enters in with the peppery spiciness that ends up having a sweet peppery aftertaste with the same finish. The palate has a light to medium body, fairly sessionable, carbonation is good for the style and for me as there’s a moderate amount lightly hitting my mouth and tongue. Overall, I say this is a solid saison that I’m glad I tried and will have no problem finishing off this sixpack.

cheap (5857) - Beaver Valley, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 6, 2014
From a can. OK, overall not too bad, does have this bright astringent bitterness but it all seems to be surrounded in good co2 fun. Odd mild aroma of wet farmhouse.

BMMillsy (1788) - Florida, USA - MAR 6, 2014
Had this from a can to frosted mug at Fremont Diner in Sonoma. Pours hazy yellow with a fluffy white head. Aroma of cardamom, some grassy hop, hay, a hint of light fruit sweetness. Flavor follows the aroma closely with lots of hay flavor, sweetness and honey, spice like cardamom, and a nice light slightly banana-like yeastiness. Light bodied, but creamy with medium plus plus carbonation. Overall I enjoyed this beer a lot. Surprised at its relatively low score.

zizzybalubba (1869) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - MAR 5, 2014
12 oz. can from Total Wine, Virginia Beach, VA. Yellowish-orange pour with a frothy white head. Aroma of leather, ripe banana, and lemon zest. Taste is light citrus peel, clove, faint bubblegum, and sweat. Finish is clean and not too sweet. A good saison.

IndianaRed (4617) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAR 4, 2014
On tap at YardHouse, meridian. Hazy golden. Soapy off white head. Mild wheat malt aroma. Big time sharp slickness. Dry hopped with cardamom pods. Seriously !

growler_guy (8) - - MAR 1, 2014 does not count
Appearance - light golden, crystal. Palate - light palate but satisfying. Taste earthy, has a very light sour taste. Good seasonal. Recommend try.

Busick (390) - Lake Wylie, South Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2014
A great surprise out of a can! A delicious seasonal that meets the expectations that follow a beer with an awesome name! Highly recommended for your palate! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Beachmaster (558) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 18, 2014
12 oz can to tulip. Pours a hazy yellow, with a big white head that persists and leaves minimal lacing. Nose is all cardamom, and the taste follows the nose. Mouthfeel is thin, with a clean finish. If you like cardamom, as I do, you’ll like this. Very different, and pretty dang good.

Zymurgeist2 (2246) - Redwood City, California, USA - FEB 17, 2014
From can to pint glass. Spice and sweet wheat malt aroma. Hazy pale straw with a white head that collars. Taste is spicy and medium mouthfeel.

Westmeister (2129) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 15, 2014
I looked at the rating but I bought anyway bc I haven’t had a saidon on over a month. I now know what cardamom is because the nose is bursting with it. So much in fact that I can get too much else. Pours slightly hazed golden with white head. Taste is largely cardamom, with pepper, fruity esters, a bit of spice sting in the throat. Too much spice for me.