overall
RATINGS: 308   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
You might not expect a Saison in winter. But the enemy didn’t expect Washington to cross the icy Delaware, either. Expectations be damned, we say. We’re sneaking up on winter with a boatload of bravado and this Belgian-style farmhouse ale. Dry hopped with whole organic cardamom pods, our Saison has an assertive spiciness. In your face, winter.

crispaire (239) - - FEB 6, 2017
Spicy character on the nose and palate. Interesting Belgian notes, but I like that they aren't overwhelming. Nice clean finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Sirmixsomewhat (266) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 5, 2017
For a saison, this is oddly light in color, and even in taste, it has a tartness to it that’s unexpected. But the spiciness it has is just perfect. The can says it’s brewed with cardamom, and that must be what gives it a nice effect that combines a light and crisp summer beer with a stronger bodied session beer. The combination is nice.

Larry_Duffman (551) - - FEB 2, 2017
I poured it from the can into a glass. It pours a hazy golden color with a white head. The aroma is lemon and spice. The taste is lemon, clove, yeast, and hops. It’s dry and bitter. It’s very crisp. This was flavorful and refreshing.

jflopsu (1626) - New Jersey, USA - JAN 20, 2017
Pours a hazy bright yellow with white head. A sour citrus and yeast aroma. A citrus, wheat and yeast taste that suddenly has a grainy and bad malt taste that lingers.

ffaoe (794) - Moorestown, New Jersey, USA - JAN 13, 2017
malty, spicy aromas. golden and slightly hazy in color with decent head. taste is medium body with notes of clove/banana, peppery, and plum.

HopsSensei27 (1) - Petaluma, Alabama, USA - JAN 5, 2017 does not count
Having previously disliked 21st Amendment’s offerings, I only bought this because: a) they once made a beer called "Monk’s Blood" that was very tasty b) my selections at the store were limited My first sip was from the can, but when I poured into a glass it still tasted extremely metallic and bitter. Once the nasty bitterness faded, I could detect some of the promised cardamom, which hung around my mouth like a team of cheerleaders after their team just got trounced in an ugly way. If I brewed this at home, I would consider it a failure and in a region that produces many fine Saisons, there is no reason for this overpriced, soulless insult to the style to exist. In short: blech.

douglas88 (9418) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 2, 2017
12 ounce can thanks to Eric. Pours a clear yellow color with a small white head. A big citrus lemon nose. The flavor is more lemons, soft peppery yeast, light toast. Quite light, solid.

dwyerpg (6219) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 31, 2016
Smells great. Light spice. The body is much less interesting. Just a light tongue tickle but not much here.

fonefan (49554) - VestJylland, DENMARK - NOV 14, 2016

Can 12fl.oz. @ Craig’s - Edinburgh.

[ As 21st Amendment Sneak Attack ].
Clear light to medium yellow color with a small to average, frothy, fair lacing, mostly diminishing, off-white head. Aroma is moderate malty, wheat, pale malt, citrus, moderate yeasty, spicy, saison yeast, cardemon - coriander - ginger. Flavor is moderate sweet and light to moderate bitter with a average to long duration, spicy, ginger - cardemon - coriander alike, saison yeast, sweet malt - sweet yeast, fruity. Body is medium, texture is oily to watery, carbonation is soft. [20160319]
6-3-6-3-12

ordybill (1800) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - JUL 16, 2016
Poured from the can into a pint glass at the World of Beer in Pooler, GA. I am not a huge fan of Saisons, but I did find this one really lacking in the taste department. I normally love 21st Amendment beers.