overall
Brewed by Brouwerij 3 Fonteinen
Style: Lambic Style - Faro
Lot, Beersel, Belgium

RATINGS: 303   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%

kappldav123 (6135) - GERMANY - SEP 14, 2010
I’m very happy I got some bottles of this beer. Bottle looks great. Small cork that almost flew of the bottle when I tried to remove the wire. Very zippy in the glass, huge head. Dark copper-brownish. Sweet aroma. Starts very strong but not alcoholic, quite spicy with intense earthy-woody notes, hidden caramel, a little bit vanilla. Finish more sour without being to much. The sour notes fit perfect to the eartly spiciness. Very, very drinkable. I love this beer and it will be hard not to open the other bottles I have within the next week...

mumares (104) - BELGIUM - SEP 5, 2010
Had this poured by Armand himself at 3 Fonteinen and bought me some bottles. Poured dark amber, slightly cloudy with a nice head. The aroma is warm, caramel sweet, with a bit of 3 Fonteinen geuze aroma coming through which is very pleasant. Taste is again sweet (candy sugar) with some vanilla. Alcohol is very well hidden and very slick. Very good brew!

douglas88 (9688) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 4, 2010
The first rating of this amazing beer! Bottle at De Heeren van Liedekerke September 4th 2010. Pours a dark copper hue with a large white head. I know nothing about this beer, I’m surprised it is a Faro. The aroma is huge barrels and a sweet, well it seems like Bourbon and vanilla nose. A sweet flavor; lots of woody earthy flavors, pears and earthy wood, vanilla and something akin to bourbon, tartness fights to get through. Wonderful. A lovely beer that stood out. I’m proud to rate this first!