overall
Brewed by Aass Bryggeri
Style: Pilsener
Drammen, Norway

RATINGS: 158   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
The malted barley is a pilsner malt produced in the Scandinavian countries. We use the very best of hops known under the names of Saazer and Hallertau, and the liquid is pure Norwegian mountain water.

Version brewed for the export market contains 5.5% ABV.

EKGoldings (664) - Radford, Virginia, USA - AUG 7, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 22, 2003 Had this in bottle well chilled. Hazy, with lumps floating. Color is dark yellow, darker than Bohemian brews. Slight aroma of hops, tastes very mild, slight garbage taste. Has the Danish lager styling but mine had poor flavor and chill haze. I'll rerate when I can get this again, my bottle may have been defective.

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 7, 2003
Clear yellow fizzy look. Dishpan rice flavors. Some hops but mostly watery. Skunaroo.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2003
Clear, yellow-golden color and low to medium carbonation. Has that fragrant, slightly spicy classic pilsener hops smell plus some grainy malt aroma. Smells like a Bohemian pilsener, however the flavor is more mild than expected with fairly low bitterness and a thin, wheaty flavor. A respectable intro beer and I'm happy to say that I'm definitely still able to enjoy a classic-style beer like this.

Frank (4172) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 31, 2003
The best part about this beer it the endless stream of sophomoric humor its name makes possible. "I'm pouring my Aass in a glaas,""Can I press your Aass up to my lips," etc, etc, and so on...

Slightly cloudy golden color. Thick head. Great lace. Sweet malty aroma with hints of yeast. Smooth mouthfeel but a bit on the thin side. Low carbonation. Sweet and malty. Not exactly what I expect in a pils. Hop presence is very low. Still, I found this to be a rather tasty standard lager.

DavidP (1748) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 19, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 7, 2003 Murky in both look and taste; no distinct flavors jumped out at me, leaving a dry fuzzy feeling in my mouth.

kwoeltje (2233) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - FEB 16, 2003
(from a green bottle) small white head. Pilsner yellow. Malty aroma. Malt flavor quite distinct with hops almost unnoticeable. Not what I expected in a Pilsner, but not bad.

Suttree (6358) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 26, 2003
Pilsner in a green bottle, so I was prepared for it to be skunky. Thankfully, it wasn't. Smelled like fresh mowed hay, looked like, well, pee after you take a B vitamin complex. It had a crisp character, subtle hop flavor, and a clean finish. No aftertaste. Not bad, the flavors that were there were good, I'd just like to have more of 'em.

Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - JAN 5, 2003
Sampled from bottle January 5, 2002
An ok pilsner with a very light head and heavy carbonation. A malty aroma emanates from the glass with a hoppy flavor. Easy to drink, but nothing special. Gotta love the name though.

Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - NOV 19, 2002
A very nice pilsener that doesn’t deserve the few bad ratings i’ve seen.It had nice golden color ,light hop aroma with a slightly bitter after taste nothing bad at all well worth the exsperience

Marc (486) - Yokosuka, JAPAN - OCT 27, 2002
Light saaz and sweet malts in the nose. I blame the green bottle for the skunkiness. Soft mouthfeel with a mild sweet charactor, not too much fizziness. Wheaty finish.