%>
overall
Brewed by Abbaye Cistercienne Notre-Dame de Nazareth
Style: Cider
Rougemont, Canada

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 3.32/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.27/5   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
Translation: Sparkling cider using the Champagne method.

Rastacouere (6177) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 25, 2004
Pale yellow, clear, huge carbonation foyer in the middle of the glass (which, mind you, was a large snifter that may not have been ideal for a sparkling cider). Big dry apples aroma, light must, elegant and straightforward. Creamy apples strike on the top of the tongue and the passage toward the huge dryness is made in virtuous harmony, white wine like. Drinkable, skinny, clean. Carbonation left my glass a bit fast to my liking, but this was a very enjoyable cider.

Radek Kliber (7470) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - DEC 28, 2003
Very clean, light. fresh apple aroma . Light sugar , fruity notes . Tart apple, dry finish, true.

mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 22, 2003
bubby yellow, noisy white head. big sweet/sour apple aroma with a hint of barnyard and crisp fruitiness. champage-like bubby mouthfeel. favout starts sweet then rounds out with tart green apple notes and alcohol. very nice. thanks martin!

joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 10, 2003
Pale straw. White bubbles. Musty apple & cheese aroma. Light, acidic feel. Refreshingly dry green apple & cheese flavour. Very clean.

Oakes (18517) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 8, 2003
Pale yellow. Wonderfully clean, slightly sweet aroma of apple. A slight astringency in the palate, and an alcohol note. Very clean example of the Norman style.

frylock (1135) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Clear yellow with a small head. Nice dry apple aroma. Flavor is light dry and tart with some sour apples and touch of spice to it. Nice cider.

jgb9348 (6434) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - DEC 7, 2003
Golden coloured body with a fast-dying white head. Pleasant aroma of musty apples and not too much else. Super-carbonated; Great finish: dry and bubbly-very nice to try! I had this bottle at the Winter Party at Oakes' place in Toronto, Canada on 05-December-2003. I owe a large amount of thanks to MartinT for supplying this 750 mL bottle to the party for us all to try!

jercraigs (10731) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 6, 2003
Tastes like the apple juice popsicles I used to make with an alcohol undercurrent. Body is crisp and very effervescent. Flavour is pleasanty dry and tart but the aftertaste left something to be desired.

BBB63 (6557) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - DEC 4, 2003
Enjoying this with Argo, PeterA,and Kathy. Well my 1st rating of a cider. Nice fruity component with a tart and sour finish. Nice lively mouthfeel and warming alcohol touch. Mikey likey.

PeterA (342) - EL SALVADOR - DEC 4, 2003
If this were wine, I'd call it dry. I guess since it's cider I'll call it tart. Good golden color, nice carbonization... Nice memories of my time in Normandie. Truth be told I haven't had that much experience with cider, but I do enjoy it.