overall
RATINGS: 913   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Abita Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth, malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color. ABV at some point from 5% to 4.5%.

houseostyle (5) - USA - JUN 27, 2007 does not count
This is the best amber in the market and if you dont think so than you must be a northener cause us southerns eat it up its great.

TheDutchman (19) - Louisiana, USA - APR 2, 2008
I know that its just me on this one but I really love this brew. This was the first craft beer I fell in love with and the one I keep coming back to. I love Amber beers and this is my favorite. It has a wonderful caramel aroma and when I poured it from its bottle into a Lager glass it gave off a long lasting full head. Great lacing and I love the minimal aftertaste and thirst quenching qualities of this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
MouthfulOfchri (1) - Frisco, Texas, USA - DEC 20, 2011 does not count

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
meadowskl299 (2) - USA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
By far my favorite draft beer. Not nearly as good bottled. Cant wait to go back to New Orleans.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
crazycajun (1) - Gonzales, Louisiana, USA - APR 5, 2017 does not count
I have always been a fan of the Abita brands of beer but the Abita amber has always been my favorite. It has a rich smooth taste which brings out the flavor of many of Louisianas spicy dishes.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 14, 2002
The classica Abita beer, Amber provides a touch of carmel to an already smooth beer. I prefer this beer because of its aroma: hot too heavy, but definately there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SmashAsh (14) - California, USA - AUG 1, 2011
I grew up drinking this beer. And I think a lot has to be said about "where" you drink it. It is a GREAT beer for hot, humid, LA days! Great flavor but not overly sticky/cloying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
gschrade (1082) - Collinsville, Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours amber with a white head. Taste slightly sweet, Carmel. I thought this was pretty good. I would drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Boomersmancave1 (133) - Wheatland, Indiana, USA - JAN 8, 2015
Light malt and hop aroma. Bread like taste with a finish of hop. Not a bad beer. It would go good with pork or grilled chicken.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
I didn't take any extra notes when I tried this beer for the first time but I'm gonna try it again and update my comments. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone