overall
RATINGS: 889   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.69/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Abita Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth, malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color. ABV at some point from 5% to 4.5%.

houseostyle (5) - USA - JUN 27, 2007 does not count
This is the best amber in the market and if you don’t think so than you must be a northener cause us southerns eat it up its great.

TheDutchman (19) - Louisiana, USA - APR 2, 2008
I know that it’s just me on this one but I really love this brew. This was the first craft beer I fell in love with and the one I keep coming back to. I love Amber beers and this is my favorite. It has a wonderful caramel aroma and when I poured it from it’s bottle into a Lager glass it gave off a long lasting full head. Great lacing and I love the minimal aftertaste and thirst quenching qualities of this beer.

HopsGuru68 (1) - - JUL 20, 2017 does not count
It might not be the hottest beer style, but, this is one of the best Ambers out there

MouthfulOfchri (1) - Frisco, Texas, USA - DEC 20, 2011 does not count

meadowskl299 (2) - USA - APR 8, 2002 does not count
By far my favorite draft beer. Not nearly as good bottled. Can't wait to go back to New Orleans.

crazycajun (1) - Gonzales, Louisiana, USA - APR 5, 2017 does not count
I have always been a fan of the Abita brands of beer but the Abita amber has always been my favorite. It has a rich smooth taste which brings out the flavor of many of Louisiana’s spicy dishes.

m.worthy (1) - - AUG 19, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 19, 2017 First beer I had outside of bud light, Budweiser, etc.. goes great with Louisiana and as a Louisiana native I love our breweries!

JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 14, 2002
The classica Abita beer, Amber provides a touch of carmel to an already smooth beer. I prefer this beer because of its aroma: hot too heavy, but definately there.

SmashAsh (14) - California, USA - AUG 1, 2011
I grew up drinking this beer. And I think a lot has to be said about "where" you drink it. It is a GREAT beer for hot, humid, LA days! Great flavor but not overly sticky/cloying.