overall
RATINGS: 558   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
It may sound nuts, but most ales with nutty flavors or aromas are made without any real nuts. Abita Pecan Harvest Ale is made with real Louisiana pecans. The natural oils from the nuts give the ale a light pecan finish and aroma. It’s wonderful paired up with both red meats and seafood - and no suprise it’s great with nuts too. Abita Pecan Harvest Ale, crack one open for yourself today.

aumentm (750) - North Carolina, USA - MAY 10, 2015
sweet smooth pecan taste and this is a great beer. Fruity and full with wonderful rich smell and taste.

gilvanblight (825) - Windsor, Ontario, CANADA - APR 17, 2015
Deep reddish brown pout with a lingering head. Smells hoppy and toasted. I don’t know how to describe this. It’s like it’s trying too hard. I’m a craft beer damn it! You love me! I’ve got fucking nuts, real nuts in me! Just doesn’t do it for me.

Doofgoblin (513) - Chevy Chase, Washington DC, USA - JAN 14, 2015
I’m not really getting much pecan out of this...for an amber, it’s pretty solid. The aroma not much to write about; however, some light caramel flavors and slightly chew malt notes make up the taste profile. Finish is pretty clean with no flaws. No over the top by any means, but nothing to seek out either...

Shanebrews (294) - Virginia, USA - JAN 4, 2015
This smells a lot like pumpkin. The taste of the malt is very bready with a certain smooth nuttiness on the finish. The beer is not very bitter at all and is reminiscent of a 90-shilling ale or a very light porter. It is the best brew I’ve tasted from Abita.

DialSquare (5129) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 3, 2015
12oz bottle from Lucky’s Market: Copper orange pour with beige head. Aroma is grain, little nutty. Tastes are brown sugar, caramel, toffee, bread. Don’t get much nutty in the taste.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - DEC 20, 2014
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma is a faint pecan smell mixed with hops. The appearance is a light brown color with a thin head. The flavor is a slight nut flavor with a malt and hop background The palate is a light bodied beer with average carbonation Overall, this is not a bad beer at all. it is my fifth Abita beer I have had and it is second to Andygator in my opinion.

Chudwick (3367) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - DEC 16, 2014
Bottle from a lame mystery 12 pack. My mom liked this more than i did. Average for the style with a nutty finish

ghostbeer (248) - Nebraska, USA - DEC 14, 2014
Had this on tap in Baton Rouge. Delicious with my seafood dinner, but on its own was underwhelming. Nutty and malty but not much really to it. A little watery.

JHeath99 (1680) - Warner Robins, Georgia, USA - NOV 24, 2014
Tap. Pours a transparent amber with a thin layer of off white head. Aroma and taste of malts and a hint of nuts.

Bosney (3) - - NOV 17, 2014 does not count
Pretty good, not my favorite. No flavor overload and pretty smooth. Easy to drink, would drink again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone