overall
RATINGS: 1332   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JAN 8, 2005
On tap at Barleys Taphouse in Asheville, NC. Sweet raspberry aroma. Golden pour with frothy white head. Flavor gives away that this is most certainly doped with a chemical raspberry extract. Strange chemical breakdown aftertaste remains on the tongue. I cant crucify this beer because I just dont appreciate the style of fruit weizens.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
barleyPops (1142) - Quad-Cities, Illinois, USA - DEC 27, 2004
bottle. had this one at Masperos in the French Quarter while eating a muffaletta. didnt think it was terrible but it was sweet enough I couldnt drink a second.

0.8
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
deuce1978 (12) - USA - DEC 23, 2004
This beer is horrible. It tastes like Michelob Ultra with rasberry syrup added.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 20, 2004
OK, more refreshing than Evian. Surprisingly light. I can recognize some wheat, hard to find the berry, but some fruit that at first I thought represented excessive floral hopping. Not much bitterness or lasting impressions of any kind. No head. Yeah, lame is a good word.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - DEC 19, 2004
12.19.04 12oz bottle. Golden color with light pinkish head that fizzes to nothing. Berry aromas and some vegetal qualities that turn more malty and sweet with temp. Flavors are simple, sweet, grassy, pear, and I guess I can force some berry flavor...but something is rotten. I guess its not a bad bottle as I see some other raters have noted an off flavor, too. When I can ignore that, the beer is drinkable, but lame.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dwyerpg (5829) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 15, 2004
I really like a raspberry, but it is clear from this beer that they should not be mixed. The guy that introduced me to this site said this was his favorite beer, not just by Abita, but all-around. What was he thinking?

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
macguy (146) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2004
This beer is way too sweet. For a company that makes a decent ale (Turbodog), this beer is a disappointment. It reminds me of a drink from my mispent youth which consisted of koolaid mixed with grain alcohol. eeew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
HarmonKill-a-Brew (407) - Wilmar, Arkansas, USA - DEC 11, 2004
You gotta be kidding me... Bud + grape soda = YUCK! Not much more to say... IT SUCKS!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
splink48 (35) - Fayetteville, Georgia, USA - DEC 6, 2004
On Tap: I dont know about this beer. It poured a creamy peach color with no head. It tastes like fruit and wheat....just like its supposed to . It left me with no noticable aftertaste and left me not wanting another one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Megan (101) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 5, 2004
A hard one to get used to. Ive had this a few times now, always only get it at the Mellow Mushroom. Flowery aroma, light brandy color. Cloudy and thin head. Bit on the fizzy side, flowery taste, subtle sweetness. Gentle sweet aftertaste.