overall
RATINGS: 1305   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

Maracuja05 (1629) - Mainz, GERMANY - AUG 16, 2016
[backlog] 08-12-15 / bottle at Shady Pines Saloon, Sydney. I remember it as a quite good fruity wheat beer. A bit to sweet. I started rating my beers with Untappd and a few basic notes. Now I want to rate them on ratebeer. So my rating sometimes lack some information. Just ignore it, it is for my personal statistics. Untappd-Rating: 4/5

ehaak26 (707) - - JUL 23, 2016
Bottle into glass. Everything about this beer is bland to me. The aroma is slightly berries and yeast, but it’s barely noticeable. I really can’t imagine drinking more of this.

PanMarek (463) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 12, 2016
Fruit aroma -- citrus, tart orange. Cloudy dark orange pour with white foam. Berry notes come through in the taste, with elements of citrus behind. The finish is hoppy and slightly bitter. A little disappointing in the end.

OrthoDoc (189) - South Carolina, USA - JUL 3, 2016
Pours an orange color. Aroma of wheat, some blueberry, and a little sweetness. Taste follows the nose with medium sourness which helps give it some added flavor. An odd flavored beer. Someone's buying this stuff though because it's widely available. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jrodooo5 (1715) - DOVER, Delaware, USA - JUN 27, 2016
Bleh. Is this really their trademark beer? Plain w/ some raspberry coming through. Average pour, faint aroma, & ok mouthfeel. Passable on a very hot day I suppose but not recommended!

Tommygun453 (40) - California, USA - JUN 23, 2016
Pours a hazy golden color. Medium foam head. Aroma is of wheat, citrus and raspberry. Taste is malty with wheat and slight hint of raspberry. Not as sweet or interesting as I thought it was gonna be, I might drink it again.

eaglepark (8) - Crestview, Florida, USA - JUN 22, 2016 does not count
Had in honor of Prince -- shame it wasn’t as good as his music...

jsporrer (1116) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 20, 2016
Pours a slightly hazy amber with a huge head of white foam. Nice tart, tangy, sour aroma. Taste is watery and thin. Smells much better than it tastes.

deving17 (8) - - MAY 21, 2016 does not count
Fantastic taste, love the hit of raspberry. Great color and aroma to it!!!!!!!!

BeerInHeaven (477) - Brillion, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 13, 2016
pours cloudy gold with a thin white head. faint raspberry on the nose. Fairly sweet taste, the raspberries are evident. Sweet linger after the finish. ok.