overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1344   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

tekhna (118) - California, USA - AUG 4, 2009
Meh, whatever. The lady-friend likes it so who am I to say anything aloud? Mineral water beer.

Sheerbrewing (117) - Athens-Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 27, 2012
Pours a hazy light gold but looks really thin gives me te impression the body will be small and a lot of bubbles makes me think their will be a good mouthfeel. Aroma is malty and a little fruity but my nose is not on point today. First flavor I get is raspberry then the wheat and other malt come through after that the mouthfeel is what I thought it woul be who’ve isn’t bad. overall this beer left me wanting more body, more rich malt or even a little hop edge to it.

leninthedesert (116) - Nevada, USA - FEB 13, 2008
I enoy this beer...refreshing and different. Somewhat thin wheat beer with a light kiss of raspberry. Perfectly masks the alcohol taste with a flowery and slightly fruity/bitter finish.

mikebeertaster (114) - washougal, Washington, USA - JUL 19, 2006
This beer had a good aroma and for me that is where the good parts ended. It seemed too fizzy. There was no real taste. Basically just really bland. My wife thought it was refreshing. She described it as a good summer/girl beer.

RGDave (113) - Lebanon, New Jersey, USA - MAR 3, 2011
On tap at the Office (formerly the Jolley Trolley), Westfield, NJ. Clean lines. Beer pours an opaque beige with a slight purple haze, as expected. Head was thin. The attack is a slightly sour wheat beer, to me it needed to either be more wheaty or more sour. Simple palate with little body, could use more sweetness to balance the sour finish.

PlinyDad1952 (112) - - JUN 14, 2015
COOL NAME THIS BEERS AND I LIKE SANTANA; AND I THINK THE LABLE LOOKS COOL TO. I DONT LIKE FRUIT BEERS BUT THIS WONE TASTED GOOD. STILL HAVE BEER FLAYVER NOT TO MUCH RAZBERRY OR PURPLE TASTE IN IT. PURPLE HAZE BRINGS ME BACK TOO WOODS’TOCK ; OR THE GOOD OLD DOG DAYS LIKE I LIKE TO CALL IT. LET ME TELL YOU WE HAD SOME CRAZEY TIMES THEN DRUNK WISKEY LONG LONG BEFORE I FOUND CRAFT BEERS (OUVIUSLY BEFORE PLINY WAS INVENTED ((ITS THE BEST BEERIN THE EARTH) BUTT PURPLE HAZE IS GOOD. I CAN CARE LESS TOO DRINK THIS ONE. 2 THUMBS UP

MRodgers1982 (111) - USA - SEP 25, 2014
A little lean, great fruit aroma. Palate a little off. Drinkable, with ok carbonation. Taste OK.

1.4
webbcreative (111) - , Oklahoma, USA - FEB 6, 2009
cloudy orange. 2 finger head. smells like malt liquor, like a 40 oz. taste, the same except with raspberry syrup added. has an unpleasant twang. i believe i will pass on this one in the future. i dont believe i would even take one for free. well not if there was any other option available that is.

Cappadonna (110) - Delray Beach, Florida, USA - APR 29, 2006
Orange and hazy in appearance with very white creamy head. You can really smell the raspberries- the problem is that it reminds me of a wine cooler. The taste is the same- too much raspberries not enough beer. A little chalky feeling, but very drinkable.

BrockLandersLS (109) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 3, 2002
The name of course is the shee-ot. Otherwise I think this is a pretty good bear. I like a little more taste but this beer has a subtle raspberry flavor that isn’t overly sweet and sugary tasting. A good choice.