overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1312   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - AUG 5, 2004
I love this beer and I am once again shocked by he overall crtical opinion. A lot of people seem to like heavy beer and bitter beer. Myself I like something refreshing and tasty. While I like astout or a porter as much as anyone I love fruit and Wheat beers. This one the best fruit beers out there, great bottle too. It smells, looks, and tastes great. Not too sweet but enough to really add a great flavor. This is excelent beer and I can tell the fruit used is real (unlike liney) and not fruit flavor.

juliette_27 (6) - Hagerstown, Maryland, USA - DEC 4, 2013 does not count
Abita really set themselves apart with this one. Not your average wheat brew with the incorporation of the rasberrys. You can taste the fruit, but not to the degree that it makes the beer to sweet, and they are not overbearing. Purple Haze really does it for me.