overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1293   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - AUG 5, 2004
I love this beer and I am once again shocked by he overall crtical opinion. A lot of people seem to like heavy beer and bitter beer. Myself I like something refreshing and tasty. While I like astout or a porter as much as anyone I love fruit and Wheat beers. This one the best fruit beers out there, great bottle too. It smells, looks, and tastes great. Not too sweet but enough to really add a great flavor. This is excelent beer and I can tell the fruit used is real (unlike liney) and not fruit flavor.

juliette_27 (6) - Hagerstown, Maryland, USA - DEC 4, 2013 does not count
Abita really set themselves apart with this one. Not your average wheat brew with the incorporation of the rasberrys. You can taste the fruit, but not to the degree that it makes the beer to sweet, and they are not overbearing. Purple Haze really does it for me.

JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - OCT 6, 2002
Seriously, I'm rating this beer this higly because it is just that good. It is my favorite beer and I think you should give it a shot. It's a wheat beer (Golden to be exact), so don't expect a very robust taste. It has an added rasberry flavor to it, which I found a bit unnerving before I tried it but very appealing after my first sip. One problem, however, is the inconsistancy with the brew. Sometimes it has a lighter rasberry flavor, and sometimes it has a much more present rasberry flavor. If you don't like it the first time you try it, try it again a month or so later and you might have a brew from a different batch. The batches from the kegs tend to have a much more present rasberry taste and a smoother feel to it. But to put it succinctly, I'll order this beer anytime I see it in a bar.

Ambrose (141) - East Aurora, New York, USA - MAR 29, 2007
Drinking this beer is like drinking ambrosia. It is pure bliss. I think I want to have an afair with this beer and runaway to Fiji or the Maldives. I dont know.

bierbairn (8) - - MAY 28, 2012 does not count
Purple Haze is nice and light and definitely my favorite Abita beer. Smooth with a crisp afterbite and a fruity finish, this is better than drinking Magner’s

365daysabeer (4) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 29, 2010 does not count
Great overall beer. The raspberries are never overbearing, just add a touch of flavor at the end. Pairs well with most anything.

jQbe11 (4) - - JUL 5, 2012 does not count
..................................................

deving17 (8) - - MAY 21, 2016 does not count
Fantastic taste, love the hit of raspberry. Great color and aroma to it!!!!!!!!

loku (54) - Villa Nueva, GUATEMALA - OCT 26, 2016
Abita Purple Haze • Aroma (10/10): Una intensa presencia de flores y bayas con notas de jarabe y goma de mascar. Shiquisimo el aroma de esta cerveza. • Apariencia 5/5: o Cabeza (color, consistencia y duración):  Cabeza abundante color blanco. Consistencia sólida y de larga duración. Buena cabeza. o Cuerpo (textura, carbonización, partículas y color):  Cuerpo turbio color dorado, bastante burbujeante. • Sabor 8/10 (inicio, final y duración): o Inicio: fuertes umamis con un toque ácido. o Final: Una presencia agridulce en toda la boca con ciertos acentos salados bastante agradables. • Paladar 4/5 (Cuerpo, textura, carbonización, final). o Cuerpo medio aceitoso, carbonatación suave. Final un ácido y de larga duración. Sensación pegajosa en la garganta pero con agradables sensación frutal y tonos ahumados Resumen 17/20: Es una lager pero con una complejidad de aromas que invita a ser catada o degustada lentamente. Se antoja también para acompañar postres o platillos agridulces. Una cerveza interesante en su estilo y con un sabor atrevido. La recomiendo.

berlot99 (17) - USA - SEP 24, 2001
This is a refreshing beer in summer after you have eaten lunch and you can sit back and rest in the shade. You can't drink to much before getting tired of it but it is a nice change of pace.