overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1344   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.59/5   EST. CALORIES: 142   ABV: 4.75%
Abita Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste.

izeigler (7) - kinston, North Carolina, USA - NOV 27, 2011 does not count
I actually really enjoy this brew. It isn’t overwhelmingly fruity. You can definitely taste the raspberries but it tastes just right. Its name describes exactly how it looks.

mynameisjonas (206) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 6, 2006
very good flavor. nice rasberry kick to it. overall a good beer. even non-beer drinkers like the flavor

yichris01 (4) - Washington DC, USA - MAY 21, 2012 does not count
One of the most UNDERRATED beers IMO.... low ACL. % but its light and tastes good... I don’t believe in fruiting my beer, but if its done in the brewery, I don’t mind :)

chillman (3) - California, USA - JUN 8, 2012 does not count
A fantastic session or summer beer. The raspberry is subtle yet delicious, this beer is light and smooth. Yes, it is 4.2% and its not an IPA so everyone on here hates it but if you are not stuck inside of a box do yourself a favor and try this one.

DHeubs (9) - Yonkers, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2007 does not count
I love this stuff!! It’s a great tasting beer with a unique and pleasant appearance. It finished with no aftertaste. This is a simple and light beer that’s great when you’re eating bar food or just having a few.

emancomeith (8) - - FEB 20, 2011 does not count
I enjoyed this beer and gave it a high rating,but to be honest I probably wont buy this again.I loved the colors in this.The raspberry taste was week but-give this a try

quinndave88 (19) - Indiana, USA - AUG 11, 2013
Poured from a bottle into an icy mug. I actually really liked this, despite the fact that I hate fruity beers. Nice, light taste. Pours cloudy with a faint purple color. I didn’t notice any floating sediment in my glass. I don’t know if I’d drink more than one of these at a time, but I’ll definetly buy another single...Oberon it is not.

Sirmixsomewhat (266) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2015
The most recognizable thing about this beer is how smooth it finishes. It tastes sweet and smells like vanilla, but it drinks so easily that it can be consumed in big gulps to really enjoy all of its flavor at once.

mrcjo25 (1) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - JUL 21, 2015 does not count
amber, red, cloudy, white foam, light sweetness, light body, average carbonation. I liked the raspberry smell and taste to it. Not a strong flavor, but went well with some chocolate. Overall, it’s a good dessert or summer type beer.

gnoff (10355) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - OCT 18, 2015
Draught at Frankie’s Pizza, Sydney, on October 17, 2015.
Golden color, white head. Raspberry taste, sweet, fresh. Medium mouthfeel, low bitterness. Raspberry aftertaste. Fresh, raspberry, fruity scent.