overall
RATINGS: 504   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Ripe, red Louisiana strawberries are harvested at the peak of the season in the early morning chill. The scent of the juicy red Ponchatoula berries fills the air as they’re picked and pressed for Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager. The end result is a light, crisp lager with just a hint of strawberry sweetness.

houseostyle (5) - USA - JUN 27, 2007 does not count
I love this beer. No bad aftertaste, sweet, and fresh strawberries added makes this a choice beer for dessert

jfosu (1) - USA - DEC 14, 2009 does not count
I do not usually enjoy fruit beers but there is something about this brew from Abita that makes it stand out from the rest. It smells like pure strawberries, appears to be a standard amber with a hint of red, and tastes like heaven. This is the best fruit beer I’ve ever had and can’t wait until the spring to have it again.

SudsMcDuff (8429) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - MAR 25, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2009 Nice Beer! ... This one surprised me quite a bit!... very fresh real strawberry flavour and smell, the smell is delicious!....sweet and refreshing, with a light mellowness...the taste is very real, not at all synthetic! ... if you enjoy fruit beers, this one is very drinkable and delicious!

cajuncocoa (6) - - APR 5, 2013 does not count
Good, nice strawberry flavor. In Louisiana, this is what Springs tastes like!

perrymoseley (1) - mckinney, Texas, USA - MAR 30, 2010 does not count
i wait every year for this beer to hit the shelves. Perfect beer to start the year off on a good note. Smells of fresh strawberrys. The taste is not to overwhelming but big strawberry aftertaste. I recommend this beer for those hot summer days mowing the lawn or just something to sit back and enjoy after a long days work!

beersak (91) - akron, USA - JUN 9, 2013
A little afraid to try a strawberry beer, but it was an excellent subtle taste of strawberries. Wonderful beer for a hot summer day. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

jayzz (481) - Illinois, USA - APR 7, 2014
Smells like a buttered bun and tastes like strawberry shortcake. I really liked this beer. An easy smooth beer to drink on a hot spring day.

LAboozehound (47) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - AUG 1, 2006
I love this beer, but I have a real soft spot for strawberry lager. The fresh, locally harvested strawberries are very evident. Light taste that makes for an excellent summer beer. It’s a shame they only make this for two months during the strawberry festival.

ordybill (1758) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - MAY 30, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- Has a distinct strawberry aroma with some wheat Appearance- Pours a cloudy golden yellow with a thick white head. Taste- You can taste the strawberry, my first thought was that this would be a nice session beer on a hot day. Nice flavor. Palate- A medium bodied beer with moderate carbonation. Has a creamy texture. Overall- A nice beer from Abita, I will drink this again.

TheDutchman (19) - Louisiana, USA - APR 6, 2008
This has a great strawberry aroma although it doesn’t look as refreshing as it actually is. It’s a touch watery I wish it had a little more bite to it. I drank a six pack of these in one evening trying to decide if I lied it or not and ended up half drunk without realizing it. Goes down very easy. I couldn’t drink them all the time but for the length of time it is around each year I can see myself drinking a few each year.