overall

RATINGS: 140   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Ace Joker Cider is a new premium Champagne like cider produced by The California Cider Company (CCC). Light in color with a 8% alcohol content, this delicious addition to our foray of ciders can be tried on tap at our pub, Ace-in-the-Hole, or from 22oz bottles. The Joke is on us! Ace Cider is gluten free!

cubs (10636) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - AUG 23, 2012
Bottle @ home picked up at Wilbur’s Foco. Pour looks like Chardonnay, very light whitish yellow, clear appearance with a bubbly head that is gone in no time. A touch spicy, dull apple core, slightly grassy, herbal aroma that isn’t really all that interesting. Tangy, lightly tart but fairly sweet apple juicy, light pear, sugary, a touch herbal flavor. Eh, not horrible but not super good either.

luttonm (6282) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 14, 2012
draft. Palest yellow, thin head. Big tart sour pear, quite bright and strong. Milder finish, white wine. Alright

rougeau13 (3020) - Richmond, Texas, USA - AUG 6, 2012
Clear yellow with tiny white head. Aroma of apples and white wine. Taste is basically the same. Really dry.

rumproasts (5359) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUN 23, 2012
light golden with minimal head. one of the dryest ciders i’ve ever had. very wine-like. i wouldn’t drink this all the time, but it’s pleasantly unique.

krisolson (57) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUN 21, 2012
This is a really good beer. Really easy to drink. Smooth flavor and nice after taste. Ace really does taste like champagne and like champagne you only want to have 1 or 2.

Brigadier (3690) - Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA - JUN 10, 2012
12 ounce bottle
I can’t put my finger on it but I am beginning to think ciders are not a style I like very much. While this one is not bad I just feel that I would rather be drinking an IPA, Belgian, or other lighter weight beer. Even so thanks to whomever sent it my way.

Aroma / Appearance - The transparent body and stark white head are both fairly predictable for a cider. Tart sour apples hit the senses with a mission. It smells like sticking your nose into a plate full of warm applesauce.

Flavor / Palate - Tart and ripe Granny Smith apples are the primary focus. A dry finish has vinous aspects but after a few sips I find myself thinking about what to open next. Despite being a refreshing option for a long holiday weekend I don’t think I’ll be seeking out more ciders any time soon.

jbruner (4747) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - MAY 26, 2012
Pours a clear golden yellow on tap with plenty of carbonation but no head or lacing. Smell is apples and champagne, taste follows suit. One of the dryer ciders out there; my favorite. But why did the abv drop recently?

Tonkun (1296) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 20, 2012
Bottle. Light golden pour with no head. Flower, wax, green apple, Californian Sauvignon Blanc. Some bitterness. More wine than cider. Not bad but want more character as a cider.

Slubgob (329) - West Hartford, USA - MAY 18, 2012
Half point of tap, slight bit of fine white lave at edge of glass pale gold. Nose of Apple.semi dry with more apples and a touch of granny Smith tartness.shower finish.some light tannin.respectable if not remarkable cider

jstraw (1967) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Yellow-gold with no head / Stylish, lightly sweet, nose of apple, grapes, and corn, with a hint of barnyard / Medium body, steely, resinous, and mostly dry with just a hint of sugar / Clean flavors of green apple brandy, pear, resin, and hay / Not really champagne-like, but a fine American cider.