overall

RATINGS: 137   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
Ace Joker Cider is a new premium Champagne like cider produced by The California Cider Company (CCC). Light in color with a 8% alcohol content, this delicious addition to our foray of ciders can be tried on tap at our pub, Ace-in-the-Hole, or from 22oz bottles. The Joke is on us! Ace Cider is gluten free!

jayzz (481) - Illinois, USA - OCT 25, 2014
Loved this cider. It is a pear hard cider with a soft champagne palate with a fruity aroma. It fits with the current trend of dry ciders that remind one of dry eclectic white wine/champagne.

DebFromIL (1) - USA - SEP 21, 2016 does not count
I love this cider, but it’s not for everyone’s taste. Extremely dry and tart with not much aroma. But I’m always looking for the driest, lowest carb/sugar ciders that I can find. So I can still enjoy alcohol while living a lower carb-gluten free lifestyle. Cider styles vary incredibly, so just depends what you like.

Rodriguez (357) - Quito, ECUADOR - OCT 7, 2012
Pale, almost transparent, draft, it is my first cider and I think it was perfect, very drinkable. Even it is a hard cider, for me it was a little soft. Will start to try more cider, definetively

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2016
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. The cider is a clear golden yellow with tons of carbonated bubbles. Has a smooth flavor with a dry finish.

Nugget (30) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 28, 2008
I am not going to go into further detail about the flavor profile of this cider. All I have to say is that it’s an amazing cheap and tasty alternative to white or sparkling wine (or even other ciders). Nice and dry, yet still very fruity, 8%, and it costs less than $4 a bomber. It may not compare to world-class BEER but if you can call what La Face Cachee de la Pomme does "cider," Ace Joker doesn’t deserve to be kicked around as much as it has been here.

krisolson (57) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUN 21, 2012
This is a really good beer. Really easy to drink. Smooth flavor and nice after taste. Ace really does taste like champagne and like champagne you only want to have 1 or 2.

madvike (3292) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 23, 2011
Bottle - Cascading bubbles rise from the pale clear yellow body to form a small foamy white head. Aroma is white wine, muted green apple, and a little pear. Very dry. The taste brings to mind champagne, with a touch of tart, dry apple throughout. The white wine character is still there and some red apple sweetness comes through on the finish. Tart and quenching, it’s actually fairly substantial in the mouth, with champagne-like carbonation biting a bit. I’m really surprised this one is getting beat up so much. Admittedly I don’t have many cider ratings, and I may look at this one and laugh someday, but I quite enjoyed this.

jstraw (1967) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 14, 2012
Yellow-gold with no head / Stylish, lightly sweet, nose of apple, grapes, and corn, with a hint of barnyard / Medium body, steely, resinous, and mostly dry with just a hint of sugar / Clean flavors of green apple brandy, pear, resin, and hay / Not really champagne-like, but a fine American cider.

jess_because (5) - - NOV 21, 2015 does not count
While I had anticipated a somewhat boring and plain cider, I was pleasantly surprised. Not so bubbly, slightly dry, but leaves a pleasant taste on the tongue of fresh apples that leaves you wanting more. I’m happy I decided to take this one off the shelf.

redlight (2318) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 18, 2007
Apple skins, granny smith apples, sour apple jolly ranchers. Pours clear with a slight yellow tint. Sweet and sour apples, apple skin, dry, very wine like, pinot grigio. Very different from most ciders i’ve had. Just slightly sparkling.