overall

RATINGS: 1450   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%

kkarlo (13) - SERBIA - FEB 5, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2008 The beer pours a nebulous deep brown color, the head portly in size, frothy in structure, the color a light tan with the residual lace a nice coating upon the glass. Nose is a bit plummish, sweet malt, fresh and pleasant to the senses with a sweet malt start and the top middling in its feel to the palate. Finish is stingingly acidic, the hops purposeful in their spicy bite, quite dry aftertaste and a nice warming sensation from the relatively high ABV, Quite a drinkable beer, and much better than the blond.

VonkBrewer (14) - BELGIUM - JUN 17, 2009
This fresh and fruity beer is really fantastic. It really stimulates my tong and gives me a lovely feeling in my tummy. The best beer I ever drunk!

Straling (363) - Hoensbroek, NETHERLANDS - JUN 17, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 2, 2014 Bottle 33cl. Aged this bottle for almost 2 years before drinking it. Pours a dark brown/reddish colour with a good size head and little carbonation. Smell is very fruity and present. Very fresh and fruity aroma that is very present and pleasant, excellent subtleness to the nose. Taste is absolutely magical, I would almost dare say that this tops the westy 12, has a lovely sweet and bitter fresh fruity taste to it and has a nice mouthfilling texture and goes down like a charm and leaves just the most gentle bit of alcohol burn in your throat, but just the right amount. Besides from the appearance, overall I would really rate this beer better than a westy 12 and rochefort 10, this is much much better than I was expecting and I recommend to everyone to age this a couple years (mine was baught in the summer of 2007). My bottle was, according to the label, valid until the 23rd of March of 2009, so a couple months overdate, but WOW.

yhaquim (3) - BRAZIL - AUG 15, 2012 does not count
A delicious Belgian trappist beer, strong, with grate taste and so far my preferred from beerjack menu.

Kiriel (1) - Adelaide, AUSTRALIA - MAY 3, 2014 does not count
One of my favorite beers. Aroma - caramel, fruity. Appearance - Dark brown, hazy, with frothy head. Taste - sweet, heavy with a hint of apples. Palate - dry finish, very malty. Overall - excellent trappist dubbel.

Wolfenstein (96) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - JUN 28, 2007
A great trappist I enjoyed while visiting Brugge, Belgium. A resident of Brugge suggested I try this after seeing me enjoying a Chimay, A wonderful dark and malty brew with "woody" aftertones. Great brew.

Craybees (18) - New York, USA - JUL 17, 2009
Excellent, long-lasting frothy head--actually probably the best example of the style in this respect. This isn’t sugared-up, as some reviews (rather confusingly) assert. Pretty damned near perfect. Grossly underrated, too. I’d take this over a Rochefort 8, even, and that’s saying quite a lot.

davidm (2081) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - DEC 26, 2010
Bottle 330ml. Masterpiece. Aromas of caramel, bread, cherries, and cookies. Taste is sweet, with bitter notes, and long length. Palate is creamy, and full bodied. Dark amber, with a thick frothy head.