overall
RATINGS: 552   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88/5   IBU: 21   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
ACME CALIFORNIA PALE ALE is a smooth, clean ale with faint citrus and honey flavor notes and a dry finish. It is brewed with Yakima Valley hops and the finest American two-row malt, but with a measure of British specialty malt for depth. This easy drinking pale ale is a "session beer" which will be welcomed at neighborhood taverns and restaurants (and refrigerators) throughout the west.

meowchelle (1) - USA - JAN 18, 2008 does not count
The store that I get it at has a better label (it’s like an old-stlye pin-up girl in a red dress). I don’t like ridiculously strong tasting beers, and this is a nice, smooth tasting beer that has a delicious flavor.

ENTROPY (141) - Terra Bella, California, USA - AUG 18, 2002
this is now one of my favorite beers........................................

pamoja (57) - Rochester, New York, USA - OCT 6, 2007
All time fav pale ale. Golden amber with very thick head. Very well carbonated with smooth finish.

jsmerig (1663) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 6, 2011
Pours a yellow gold with a thick bellowing head. The aroma is warm grain and honey with a touch of citrus. The taste is amazing. Nice sweetly malted start with a bit of extra depth and a nicely bitter finish. This reminds me of more like an English ale rather than a California pale, but it’s very good.

smackie (54) - St. Augustine, Florida, USA - JAN 11, 2007
I think this is a good pale ale. I’ll pay the extra bucks since I can’t find my favorite Sweetwater 420. I’ll say this is my favorite at the corner ABC, who recently started selling fancy beer. Otherwise, Broudy’s is the place to go. Having just moved from Oregon. I’m having discover a new slew of frothy malt and hops.

ChainGangGuy (4919) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUN 22, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2007 Appearance: Pours a hazy, orangey-copper body with a full, bubbly white head. Smell: Pleasant aroma of toasted grains, caramel, biscuits, and some light citrus. Taste: Sweet, smooth caramel malts with a bit of toasted grains. Hops are fairly light and provide a bit of citrus as well as some floral notes. Ends with a softened finish that’s both lightly sweet and bitter. Mouthfeel: Medium-thin body. Mild carbonation. Drinkability: A nice, light APA.

SanfordBrewer (1608) - Sanford, Florida, USA - NOV 2, 2010
Lucent gold, thin but lasting and dense beige head, creamy medium body, medium carbonation.

Aroma: sweet malt, bready yeast, resinous citrus leafy hops.

Taste: lots of butterscotch and sweet malt, bready yeast, navel orange, and leafy hops.

Great flavors. More amber malts and less hoppiness than I expect from an APA.

anticop (79) - Porterville, California, USA - OCT 8, 2002
dam good ale i like the orangency. reminds me of loony toons................

dwyerpg (6365) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 18, 2005
I really think this beer is underrated, esp. for the style. A nice darker pale, witha a floral aroma. This brewery can make all their beers except for the wheat - which should be abandoned by all breweries everywhere, forever.

shaungilmour (1) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 4, 2007 does not count
Very smooth and refreshing pale ale. Nice hoppy finish, but not so overwhelming that those who are not fans of uber-hopped pale ales won’t still enjoy. Has a nice honey lemon zest to the palate with a mellow finish. Exremely drinkable and friendly.