overall
RATINGS: 592   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
For the season we offer you our best wishes and especially delicious Ale. Rich and dark like our Dubbel. Sumptuous and smooth like our Tripel. Enjoy.

thedm (6186) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JAN 1, 2004
From a bottle with a cork marked 06/03, this very fine bew poured am extremely envigorated large head of foamy finely sized light brown colored long lasting bubbles that left behind a transparent brown colored carbonated body and a fair lace. The aroma is marvelous with notes of caramel malt, toffee and vinuous alcohol. The mouthfeel is also fantastinc with a thick vinuous malty sytart and a mildly lingering alcohol bite. The flavor is thick with notes of carmel malt and alcohol. This is one extremely nice brew that I feel is under-rated. I thouroughly enjoyed this brew with my dinner and afterwards. I even gave me my comlimentary beer shiver! Thanky Affligem for this gem of a brew!

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2003
Dark cola color. Large bubbly head with an off-white beige look. Spice, cinnamon, some slight orange peel, thick yeasty, sweet nose. Good rounded texture. Sugar, cookie, caramel, sweet-sugar flavors. There's almost a hint of cherry-cola here. Perhaps a type of ginger bread dipped in a bit of spiced warm rum. Quite good.

stubby (334) - Santee, California, USA - DEC 29, 2003
Not the best thing they brew. Drier than the dubbel. Beautiful dark brown/reddish color. Nice body!! I'd buy it again but I wouldn't hunt it down.

Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - DEC 28, 2003
Pretty good belgian christmas ale. Nice clear deep amber color with an off white head which lasts over an hour. Aroma is yeasty and fruity with some estery notes. Flavor is fruity and bready with lots of complex crystal and belgian malts. Medium to full body- with a smooth aftertaste. Very nice but I'd rather have a corsendank christmas ale anyday.

EdPaulsen (117) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 28, 2003
layered and complex. doesn't taste like a christmas beer, no spices and not that dark and rich. quite floral, surprisingly bitter. ok, and generally quite nice and warming but not worth 10$per bottle

snoot (286) - Anaheim, California, USA - DEC 27, 2003
Dark brown, big white rocky head on top. Aroma is predominately malty, some yeast and hop notes also. I thought it was a touch too sweet, but a decent effort nonetheless.

Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - DEC 26, 2003
Brown coloured with nice head. Rather malty and yeasty aroma. Quite yeasty and slightly alcoholic flavour.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - DEC 26, 2003
(Bottle) Pours a dark amber-brown with a medium-sized tan head. Has a spicy aroma with a carmel flavor.

Bill Becker (1041) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - DEC 25, 2003
Nice reddish brown colour with little to no head. Swishing the brew in my mouth, there was an abundance of spicy flavours maybe dominated by cloves. For a 9%abv brew, I thought the alcohol was pretty well hidden.

omnivore (270) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 25, 2003
Warm woody brown in color, with a lively tan head. Strong cidery aroma, reminiscent of a lambic, almost. Warm broad tast. Sweet and hearty. Spices and hops well balanced into a really nice winter brew.