overall
RATINGS: 592   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
For the season we offer you our best wishes and especially delicious Ale. Rich and dark like our Dubbel. Sumptuous and smooth like our Tripel. Enjoy.

Andrew196 (1902) - Katy, Texas, USA - AUG 20, 2003
Ridiculously large, beige head. Sweet, malty nose, very bold in aroma. I held onto this beer for a while so it mellowed out nicely. Went down fairly smooth with alcohol notes and ripened fruits. Slight pepper sensation on the back of the tongue with each sip. Well done!

BtownBrewer (91) - Belchertown, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 12, 2003
Head was frothy/creamy looking. It was the creaminess that stuck with me. Very smooth. Altogether, not one of my favorites, but a respectable offering for my induction into this particular style.

ericnixon (746) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 11, 2003
Hoo boy! pungent odor. normally i would say "aroma", but this was more of an odor...but it was very smooth. velvety, almost. dare i say...satiny? the flavor was hard to detect. basically there was little to no taste, but damn, it was smooooth.

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 9, 2003
This was an outstanding beer. Hints of dried fruits and chocolate...and I enjoyed this beer with a nice Ashton cigar.

jskendzel (602) - Washington DC, USA - JUN 7, 2003
A little too carbonated. Good spicy, yeasty characteristics. Lacking anything special, but still a decent belgian.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUN 7, 2003
Dark, brown color. Rocky, off-white head. No visible carbonation. Yeasty Belgian ale aroma, the one I've come to love. Sweet spicy flavor.

Uglyradio (791) - Greenville, South Carolina, USA - MAR 28, 2003
Pours a dark, reddish brown color with a big, off-white head that lingers for a while before dissipating completely. The aroma is spicey, yeasty, and a little musty. Full body with medium carbonation, the flavor is nice and fruity with hints of spices, yeasts, and chocolates. This one is very smooth and hides the alcohol very well.

Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 27, 2003
Light malty, cookie nose. Big effevescent body, deep orange amber hue, big frothy tan head. Moderate sweetness, light raisons, allspice, cloves. Medium bodied, velvety smooth. Very nice with warmth. Spicey, frity and terribly drinkable.

Dougal (130) - Escondido, California, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Smelled of cream and bananas, very pleasing. Decent frothy head over a medium brown liquid. Lacking some of the malty textures I'd expect from an Affligem product. Tastes too young, maybe a few more years in the bottle will do it some good. I opened it up and thought "Nah, too young." I tried it the next day, still too young. Tried it the next day (the same bottle) and it had airated enough to gain some spicy complexity. Kind of a time committment but it ended up being worth it.

microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 10, 2003
Brown color with a tan head. A strong smell of Brets and yeast. The flavor is full of Brets and some metallic aftertaste.