overall

RATINGS: 612   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.25/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Winter comes early in Alaska, so we release Alaskan Winter Ale in October. The tender new growth of spruce trees has been used for brewing in Alaska since the late 1700s when explorers sailed the coast of Alaska looking for the Northwest Passage. Alaskan Brewing revives this tradition, adding spruce tips to its Alaskan Winter Ale.

Kcraig (1) - - SEP 4, 2017 does not count
61 Years old today and I used this beer to make Coconut Shrimp and my sisters and I shared what was left in the bottle .. OMG .. I am not a beer drinker BUT this is our new favorite of any beverage except for water !!! Thank you with great appreciation ❣️

donandres (590) - Makati, PHILIPPINES - MAY 5, 2017
Bottle 12 ounce poured to wine glass Sight: Amber, hazy, small foam Smell: fragrant, grains Taste: medium bitterness, some sweetness Mouthfeel: lively carbonation, creamy, sweet follow through, long finish, bitter aftertaste Overall: very good beer, ok to repeat, but not look for drank: Thursday, May 04, 2017 11:07 PM

Barreldoll (1) - Everett, Washington, USA - MAR 4, 2017 does not count
This beer is one I look forward to all year long. Bold forward, not too bitter, love to spruce taste!

iskandns (1) - - FEB 26, 2017 does not count
I usually like everything Alaskan makes but this beer is fucking horrible. Way too malty and utterly unenjoyable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

wombat23 (1621) - Texas, USA - FEB 11, 2017
Shared 12 oz. bottle. Clear pale amber, off-white head. Malty aroma. Taste is malt, caramel, nuts, spruce notes. Finish is very malty and sweet.

darbeer75 (923) - Round Rock, Texas, USA - FEB 11, 2017
Aroma: faintly malty with apple juice; Appearance: clear amber pour with thin white head that dissipates quickly; Taste: extremely malty; not pleasant; Palate: medium-heavy body with long, cloyingly sweet finish; Overall: very disappointing; will not get again.

rondphoto (4483) - Lakeside Park, Kentucky, USA - FEB 9, 2017
bottle @ Chief Market / Lima OH --- best by 4/19/17 ---Clear dark amber, beige head that sinks rapidly to a thin cover, spots of lace. Taste is caramel malt, light carbonation, hardly a glimmer of hops, and more sweet to finish. This is flat enough to make me question the age, but April is still three months away. Not a keeper.

AWISLguy (3224) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 14, 2017
12oz bottle from the Malt Shoppe in Tosa. Orangey amber pour with a bit of an off-orange head. Sweet malts, some spruce, some other tangy components, and some spices. This is a very interesting blend, and quite unique of a brew. Had a few times a long time back and had little memory. Not bad if looking for that type of stuff. 13.4

RigginTrav (1) - Bothell, Washington, USA - JAN 13, 2017 does not count
Its alright, and it was at a decent price, I didn’t like the after taste. A weird carmely aftertaste that I was not a big fan of, but I have a 12 pack of it now so I guess I’ll drink it.

StoutBeerReviews (203) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 10, 2017
Never had an old ale before. tastes like a more complex version of an amber. this one is quite sweet with lots of different spices and flavors going on. I like it a lot.