Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.9/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A Belgian style farmhouse ale with clove, banana, and earthy tones, mildly hopped with Summit.

Most RecentTicked By

StFun (567) - Indiana, USA - MAY 7, 2008
Nice experiment by the brewmaster here, but I just can’t get into Saisons enough to enjoy this one. Overly spicey to me. Nice first impression of spices and fruits, and I liked this at first, but then had trouble finishing the glass. Nice body and texture. Just not my thing.

Tmoney99 (14455) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 21, 2007
Draft at Indianapolis brewpub. Poured hazy yellow color with an average fizzy white head that mostly lasted with good lacing. Moderate sour citrus and spice aroma. Light to medium body with soft carbonation. Medium sweet & sour flavor with a medium sour citrus finish of moderate duration. Refreshing flavor.

Aurelius (5332) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 16, 2007
Medium green/gold. Very fruity, sweet, boozy. If you’d told me it was tripel, I’d have bitten. Low CO2, medium-heavy alcohol bitterness. Medium body, vanilla notes in the finish. Estery, suplhery aroma. Pretty good. Spicy.

Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - FEB 11, 2007
For a while there I thought I was drinking a hefeweizen bier, the banana came on so strong to the nose. That was followed by oranges and a light spiciness. It poured a clear gold with an off-white head that produced some uneven lacing. The banana ruled the flavor supported by mildly tart oranges and some clove. The finish has a citric and earthy bitterness to it that lingers on the tongue. Strange brew here.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Brewing Company, Indianapolis, IN<font size=-1>