overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

AdamChandler (5113) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 20, 2012
Picked up a 4-Pack from the Alchemist Cannery on Thursday. My GF loves Gluten Free beers and Saisons. Poured into a Hill Farmstead Glass.

A - Holy moly. This beer is GORGEOUS! SRM of 12. Deep bright and clear golden orange. This beer is BEAUTIFUL. I had to take a photo. No head on the pour.

S - Honeysuckle, flowers, fresh cut grass and a huge orange presence. Very zesty and covers up the sorghum smell well.

T - Oranges is what you get first and there’s almost a cough syrup taste. LIke cherry cough syrup. mellow finish of sorghum and lemons.

M - 50/50 carbonation on the mouth swish. Light body and semi-dry finish.

O - This is an okay beer. The only other gluten beer I’ve head is DFH Tweasonale and this is certainly better but not fantastic. Glad I don’t have allergies that keep me from drinking other beers.

Reynolds314 (3470) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 15, 2012
Hey its a gluten free beer what do you expect. Pours a pale yellow/grey with seltzer fizz head. Aroma is light orange tang and hay. Taste Is orange seltzer and that strange sorgham taste present in gluten free beers. Finish is clean and refreshing. I was hoping for more of the saison yeast element to this.

Ernesto987 (6050) - Arizona, USA - MAY 13, 2012
Saison type aromas. Off thin water flavor withstrong apple flavors. Tastes more like a cider than a beer but whatever, I don’t have gluten issue. Gimme gluten!!

thornecb (5989) - Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 9, 2012
Pours gold into a shaker. Caramel and sour pit fruit aromas. Sweet sorghum upfront turning to mandarin in the sour lasting finish.

pete4999 (1445) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 4, 2011
On tap at the brewpub in Waterbury, VT. I’m quite surprised to see that it has such low ratings, because I thought it was arguably the best beer that I had at the brewpub (and I ordered multiple of it). Poured a nice bright yellow gold with large (yet quickly dissipating) white head. Had a nice peppery flavor to it, with an almost flowery feel as well. Almost "dances" on the tongue, for lack of a better term. Perhaps I was there when they had a great batch on tap...I really liked it.

jcwattsrugger (12507) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JUN 24, 2011
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2012 on tap-pours a dissipating off white head and cloudy orange color. Aroma is grapefruit/lemon/perfumy, light malt. Taste is pepper/spice/grassy, lemon/perfumy hops, light malt, some yeast. Probably the best gluten free beer I’ve had. 3.6******************* *120621-12oz bottle @Tampa Weekly thanks GatorGuy92-pours yellow/gold with a white ring. Aroma is yeast, spice, light malt. Taste follows with some perfumy phenols. Not the same beer I had on tap at the brewpub, not even close. 2.4 Will leave the original score, just updating here for my notes.

Thorpe429 (5035) - , Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2011
On tap at the brewpub on November 4, 2010. Pours a moderate amber color with nice white head and a bit of lacing as the beer goes down. Nose brings some floral hops, citrus, spice, generic sweetness, and some light fruits. The flavor is pretty light and delicate. There’s some citrus, light peach, some stone fruits, a bit of spice, mildly-sweet malt, and a touch of earth. Pretty good body and carbonation. Smooth and easy-drinking. Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 11-14-2010

vtafro (7445) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - APR 4, 2011
Draft @ the brewpub. Orange pour with white head. Some light citrus and coriander and herbal tea. Almost like a sahti.

Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - MAR 10, 2011
Draft. Pours an orange golden body with a white head. Dry earthy herbal hop tones, a hint of lemon and citrus notes. Load of orange peel with a lightly drying finish. Amarillo hop tones, and a bit grainy, with a hint of apple. Okay.

bp (929) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 6, 2011
Draft at the brewpub back in Nov 2010: golden amber with a foamy white head, spicy aroma, sour tasting, some spices as well. Not a favorite of mine.