overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

Niko100 (2942) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 8, 2015
Hazy amber/gold color; Light to medium slightly creamy body; Aroma of yeast, fruit/floral, & spice; Flavor of sweet malt, yeast, citrus (notable orange), some hops, and spice; Finish is dry; Just ok for me. (from notes)

malrubius (2927) - Springfield, Vermont, USA - JUL 28, 2012
Golden orange with ring and some lace. Nice orangey spicey gummy aroma. Semi-sweet orangy fruity herbal with finish herbal grassy bitterness. Tastes like a nice saison. I think we will need a gluten free category soon though, just to help gluten-free people sort it out.

Gription79 (2891) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - NOV 25, 2012
Poured from a 12 ounce bottle. There is definitely a nail polish aroma to this, citrus, earthy, pine. Very interesting, a lot of acidity.

pushkinwow (2827) - Ottawa, CANADA - JUN 19, 2012
Bonus from John Adams. Hazy amber with a nice slightly off white head. Aroma was slightly off and then read the description to see it was gluten free. Dehydrated orange, light funk, some lemon and pepper, slightly off earthiness. Body is like a good but watered down tea, low carbonation, somewhat sweet with a bit of funk and very very slight sourness, spice becomes more predominant, slightly off putting aftertaste. All of that being said if I had to drink a gluten free beer this would probably be near or at the top of the list.

rejtable (2767) - Ontario, CANADA - SEP 23, 2012
Pours cloudy orange with a quickly dissipating head. Aromas of peach, yeast, some apple, maybe a hint of lemon. Taste is sweet with a light bitter finish. Body is light. I don’t really get the bad reviews. I think his a decent, albeit reasonably simple, saison... Gluten or no gluten.

Slipstream (2651) - USA - JAN 5, 2013
Gotta love Alchemist. After brewing a rock star IIPA, they follow with... a gluten-free, sorghum based brew! The label has a feminine drawing on the label, which suggests that women are the intended customers. Cloudy brown pour. Tangy aroma with some floral hops and yeast. The taste is tangy, lightly bitter, and has some smoky sorghum notes. There is something a little nasty in there too. Celia is not really that saison-like, but she is plenty flavorful for a non-gluten brew. Not great, but a good try at making something unique.

jimhilt (2611) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 24, 2012
Pours a one finger white head that fades quickly to a thin layer leaving no lace. Almost clear amber color. Good carbonation and light-medium bodied. Light citric nose and flavor is sour, funky orange with some hops. Gluten free. $2.60 for a 12oz bottle from Beverage Warehouse Winooski, VT.

durhambeer (2500) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUN 21, 2012
Bottle shared by TURDFERGUSON. How can the same brewery that makes Heady Topper produce this beer? I shudder thinking about the experience of drinking it. Orange and menthol nose. Herbal dirt. Tastes as bad. Couldn’t drink more than a tad.

BroSpud (2197) - , Massachusetts, USA - JUN 11, 2012
12oz bottle. A light golden color with no head whatsoever.The pour and look is like apple juice. I tend to stay away from gluten free beer but I am a big fan of The Alchemist so figured it was worth a try. Still not a fan of the non-gluten but this is by far the best one I’ve tried. Probably deserves a higher rating but I need me my gluten.

popery (2170) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Pours a dark orange, brownish. Quite cloudy. Not much head kicked upon the initial pour, but I was able to kick some up with a few swirls. Small, dissipating head, beige in color - kinda yellow in an odd way. Not a ton of aroma. I’m picking up the orange peel. Some mildly gummy grain sweetness. The taste is rather clean for a gluten free beer, but there isn’t much character. Quite dry which probably helps avoid the off notes I’ve noticed in other sorghum beers. The orange peel is probably the strongest flavor, though there’s also some pepper to it. Touches of other spice as well, probably from the yeast. Mouthfeel is a touch gummy but better than almost any other gluten free that I’ve tried. This is decent but I expected more. I feel like the orange peel is covering flaws.