overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

merc7186 (3160) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - OCT 27, 2013
A: Hazy Golden Straw Hue, Passes Most Light, No Head S: Orange, Mild Sorghum, Mild Corrainder T: Orange, Mild Sorghum M: Poor Carbonation, Light to Medium Bodied, Bright, Mildly Bitter Overall, one of the better gluten free beers I’ve had but still just a very weak, bitter taste.

mkgrenwel (619) - North Shore, Massachusetts, USA - MAR 11, 2014
Orange pour with little head. Aroma is citrus, pepper and yeast. Flavor is quite estery. Tons of pepper in the finish. Overly spiced. Palate is a little thick. Not exactly refreshing. Can be a bit overwhelming to try to drink more than one. Malt character is unsurprisingly strange. If I were stuck gluten free I'd grab this every once in a while, but it's not something I want regularly.

trapped (3786) - New York, TURKEY - MAY 16, 2014
Bottle. Cloudy orange with small foamy whitish head, citrus aroma, high carbonation, balanced bitterness with long sour finish, bitter aftertaste. Interesting brew.

Thorpe429 (5122) - , Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2011
On tap at the brewpub on November 4, 2010. Pours a moderate amber color with nice white head and a bit of lacing as the beer goes down. Nose brings some floral hops, citrus, spice, generic sweetness, and some light fruits. The flavor is pretty light and delicate. There’s some citrus, light peach, some stone fruits, a bit of spice, mildly-sweet malt, and a touch of earth. Pretty good body and carbonation. Smooth and easy-drinking. Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 11-14-2010

BroSpud (2282) - , Massachusetts, USA - JUN 11, 2012
12oz bottle. A light golden color with no head whatsoever.The pour and look is like apple juice. I tend to stay away from gluten free beer but I am a big fan of The Alchemist so figured it was worth a try. Still not a fan of the non-gluten but this is by far the best one I’ve tried. Probably deserves a higher rating but I need me my gluten.

mstrcrwly (1000) - New York, USA - APR 14, 2014
Bottle poured into tulip glass..hazy yellow pour with thin white head..aroma of bread,coriander, pepper..dry,earthy taste..not bad

AdamChandler (5206) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 20, 2012
Picked up a 4-Pack from the Alchemist Cannery on Thursday. My GF loves Gluten Free beers and Saisons. Poured into a Hill Farmstead Glass.

A - Holy moly. This beer is GORGEOUS! SRM of 12. Deep bright and clear golden orange. This beer is BEAUTIFUL. I had to take a photo. No head on the pour.

S - Honeysuckle, flowers, fresh cut grass and a huge orange presence. Very zesty and covers up the sorghum smell well.

T - Oranges is what you get first and there’s almost a cough syrup taste. LIke cherry cough syrup. mellow finish of sorghum and lemons.

M - 50/50 carbonation on the mouth swish. Light body and semi-dry finish.

O - This is an okay beer. The only other gluten beer I’ve head is DFH Tweasonale and this is certainly better but not fantastic. Glad I don’t have allergies that keep me from drinking other beers.