overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

Thorpe429 (5035) - , Illinois, USA - APR 14, 2011
On tap at the brewpub on November 4, 2010. Pours a moderate amber color with nice white head and a bit of lacing as the beer goes down. Nose brings some floral hops, citrus, spice, generic sweetness, and some light fruits. The flavor is pretty light and delicate. There’s some citrus, light peach, some stone fruits, a bit of spice, mildly-sweet malt, and a touch of earth. Pretty good body and carbonation. Smooth and easy-drinking. Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 11-14-2010

BroSpud (2189) - , Massachusetts, USA - JUN 11, 2012
12oz bottle. A light golden color with no head whatsoever.The pour and look is like apple juice. I tend to stay away from gluten free beer but I am a big fan of The Alchemist so figured it was worth a try. Still not a fan of the non-gluten but this is by far the best one I’ve tried. Probably deserves a higher rating but I need me my gluten.

mstrcrwly (1000) - New York, USA - APR 14, 2014
Bottle poured into tulip glass..hazy yellow pour with thin white head..aroma of bread,coriander, pepper..dry,earthy taste..not bad

AdamChandler (5052) - Enfield, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 20, 2012
Picked up a 4-Pack from the Alchemist Cannery on Thursday. My GF loves Gluten Free beers and Saisons. Poured into a Hill Farmstead Glass.

A - Holy moly. This beer is GORGEOUS! SRM of 12. Deep bright and clear golden orange. This beer is BEAUTIFUL. I had to take a photo. No head on the pour.

S - Honeysuckle, flowers, fresh cut grass and a huge orange presence. Very zesty and covers up the sorghum smell well.

T - Oranges is what you get first and there’s almost a cough syrup taste. LIke cherry cough syrup. mellow finish of sorghum and lemons.

M - 50/50 carbonation on the mouth swish. Light body and semi-dry finish.

O - This is an okay beer. The only other gluten beer I’ve head is DFH Tweasonale and this is certainly better but not fantastic. Glad I don’t have allergies that keep me from drinking other beers.

jimhilt (2610) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 24, 2012
Pours a one finger white head that fades quickly to a thin layer leaving no lace. Almost clear amber color. Good carbonation and light-medium bodied. Light citric nose and flavor is sour, funky orange with some hops. Gluten free. $2.60 for a 12oz bottle from Beverage Warehouse Winooski, VT.

Sammy (12210) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 11, 2012
Its missing some body, , still drinkable. Spicy Vegetable, something I would be Ok with health food, like buckwheat and chia seeds. Pronounced orange peel is a nice touch.Dry finish, carbonation is above average. Saison yeast in aftertaste. Medium yellow, a foamer with a touch of lace.

jkwood04 (5448) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 5, 2012
12oz bottle in a tulip. Pours amber with a lacy, off-white head. Aroma of spiciness and light fruits, some caramel and weird malts, and floral hops. Flavor the same. Average texture. After having Heady Topper, I was expecting more from this beer.

jd10 (68) - Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA - APR 16, 2013
pours orange with small, slightly off-white head. yeast, spice (primarily coriander), and citrus dominate the aroma. taste is lightly sweet grain, citrus, spice, and yeast. finish is on the bitter side, with a touch of piney hop flavor. aftertaste is a bit soapy.

popery (2170) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Pours a dark orange, brownish. Quite cloudy. Not much head kicked upon the initial pour, but I was able to kick some up with a few swirls. Small, dissipating head, beige in color - kinda yellow in an odd way. Not a ton of aroma. I’m picking up the orange peel. Some mildly gummy grain sweetness. The taste is rather clean for a gluten free beer, but there isn’t much character. Quite dry which probably helps avoid the off notes I’ve noticed in other sorghum beers. The orange peel is probably the strongest flavor, though there’s also some pepper to it. Touches of other spice as well, probably from the yeast. Mouthfeel is a touch gummy but better than almost any other gluten free that I’ve tried. This is decent but I expected more. I feel like the orange peel is covering flaws.

hopdog (12584) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 17, 2013
12oz bottle. Poured a hazy yellow color with an averaged sized head. Some fruitiness, grassy and grainy. Tasty for some of the gluten free beers I’ve tried in the past.