overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

bp (922) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 6, 2011
Draft at the brewpub back in Nov 2010: golden amber with a foamy white head, spicy aroma, sour tasting, some spices as well. Not a favorite of mine.

matalec1984 (115) - Massachusetts, USA - JUN 22, 2012
Pours a slightly hazy golden with a very loose quick disppating white head. Aroma has that clear farmhouse distinction, but lacks depth and character. Slight fruit notes come through but there is something off about it. Flavor is very fruity, with a hint of spice. Farmhouse flavor is there and for being a gluten free beer the taste was not terrible. It’s hard to rate anything with Sorghum simply because it is usually awful. While I didn’t really enjoy this beer I did think ti was a quality sorghum attempt and was probably one of the better gluten free beers I’ve had.

shonobiwan (219) - Sound Beach, New York, USA - OCT 23, 2012
Long Island, NY - 12 oz. bottles poured a hazy autumn orange color with little head and medium lacing. Aroma is spicy with some hints of hops. Taste is bad! Initial taste is sweet followed by a medicinal bitterness. I heard good things about this brew but I disagree. No good unless you have Celiac's ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Scrapersnbeer (1532) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 8, 2013
So the Alchemist killed everything but the famed Heady Topper...and this strange thing. Weird grassy phenolic aroma. Moldy oranges abound. Sour, grainy and dry, gets all powdery on the finish. May be infected, but really I have no idea what’s going on. There’s no measuring stick.

auerbrau (3203) - Ithaca, New York, USA - MAY 30, 2012
12oz Bottle, purchased at the Brattleboro Food Coop - Brattleboro, VT. I want to be nice to this, because I know how difficult the gluten-free brewing conditions can be, but I also want to be somewhat objective. The aroma isn’t helping. This smells like a hospital bathroom. It’s insanely chemical and strong. Part fermented sorghum (and I know how disgusting baijiu is), part too much orange, part really catty, pungent hops. The flavors are somehow more doable.The orange is less like cleaning solution, the hops take on a cleaner bitterness, and the sorghum settles into a softer grain character. However, it’s still harsh, strong, and out of whack. If I were celiac, I’d be switching to tequila after this.

beerandbeyond (708) - ISRAEL - MAY 31, 2013
12oz bottle poured into a tumbler glass. Cloudy orange color with a small white head. Fruity nose, dried apricots, some spice and light grain. Juice-like flavors of oranges, low bitterness, some yeast and metallic notes. Kinda dry, medium bodied, lively, off balanced and overall not that great.

mcmisko (358) - New York, USA - SEP 17, 2012
Pours cloudy orange/brown. No head. Almost no smell at all. Taste is fruity, with some spice and a bit of tang. Very light bodied, as most sorghum brews are. Not my thing at all. But it is better than other G free beers I’ve had.

markwise (5441) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 23, 2012
Thanks to GatorGuy92 for sharing this one. Cheers, Matt! Pours a hazy yellow witha white head. Nose is band-aid, phenols, nail polish remover, and some fruit. Flavor is similar with band-aid, nail polish remover, and some slight sweetness of fruit. I know gluten-free beers are their own animal, but I was not a fan.

Marheb (5717) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 18, 2012
Belle couleur dorée tirant sur l’orangée avec une belle tête pétillante, pour les louanges, ça s’arrête là. L’entrée de bouche caramélisée est pas si mal mais le crescendo final passe du végétal à l’ammoniac en passant par l’amertume d’une gomme de pin. Simplement pas fait pour moi.

JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 25, 2012
Thanks to Sam for sharing. I think this was actually my first ever gluten-free beer, and now I understand why my friend with Celiac’s just drinks wine instead of settling for these quarter-measures. Slightly herbal aroma, and has the weird taste of yams.