overall
Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 97   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.85/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
A gluten-free Belgian-inspired Saison made with sorghum. Lightly spiced with a crisp hoppy finish. Celia Saison" Is inspired by the rustic farmhouse ales of Belgium. The spicy flavor of the sorghum is complimented by the unique characteristics of our Belgium yeast, and additions of Curacao orange peel and Celia hops. We proudly offer you this award winning ale, and we warmly welcome you back into the world of beer drinking.

auerbrau (3206) - Ithaca, New York, USA - MAY 30, 2012
12oz Bottle, purchased at the Brattleboro Food Coop - Brattleboro, VT. I want to be nice to this, because I know how difficult the gluten-free brewing conditions can be, but I also want to be somewhat objective. The aroma isn’t helping. This smells like a hospital bathroom. It’s insanely chemical and strong. Part fermented sorghum (and I know how disgusting baijiu is), part too much orange, part really catty, pungent hops. The flavors are somehow more doable.The orange is less like cleaning solution, the hops take on a cleaner bitterness, and the sorghum settles into a softer grain character. However, it’s still harsh, strong, and out of whack. If I were celiac, I’d be switching to tequila after this.

beerandbeyond (1009) - ISRAEL - MAY 31, 2013
12oz bottle poured into a tumbler glass.
Cloudy orange color with a small white head.
Fruity nose, dried apricots, some spice and light grain.
Juice-like flavors of oranges, low bitterness, some yeast and metallic notes.
Kinda dry, medium bodied, lively, off balanced and overall not that great.

mcmisko (362) - New York, USA - SEP 17, 2012
Pours cloudy orange/brown. No head. Almost no smell at all. Taste is fruity, with some spice and a bit of tang. Very light bodied, as most sorghum brews are. Not my thing at all. But it is better than other G free beers I’ve had.

markwise (5450) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 23, 2012
Thanks to GatorGuy92 for sharing this one. Cheers, Matt! Pours a hazy yellow witha white head. Nose is band-aid, phenols, nail polish remover, and some fruit. Flavor is similar with band-aid, nail polish remover, and some slight sweetness of fruit. I know gluten-free beers are their own animal, but I was not a fan.

Marheb (6250) - Montréal, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 18, 2012
Belle couleur dorée tirant sur l’orangée avec une belle tête pétillante, pour les louanges, ça s’arrête là. L’entrée de bouche caramélisée est pas si mal mais le crescendo final passe du végétal à l’ammoniac en passant par l’amertume d’une gomme de pin. Simplement pas fait pour moi.

JCB (3999) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - AUG 25, 2012
Thanks to Sam for sharing. I think this was actually my first ever gluten-free beer, and now I understand why my friend with Celiac’s just drinks wine instead of settling for these quarter-measures. Slightly herbal aroma, and has the weird taste of yams.

bottleforager (3211) - Gray, Maine, USA - APR 28, 2013
Pours a orange golden color with a finger of white foam. The nose hides the sphorgam nicely with a little rustic spice, citrus zest and some round fruit. The palate however does not hide the sphorgam quite so well,,, strange artificial sweetener, grainy aspartame, dirty lingering aftertaste... One of the better go beers I’ve had but am convinced that this cannot be done well...

PhillyCraft (8041) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2012
Bottle from Pat with Tom and Pat, pours a hazy glowing orange color with thin head and med. lacing. Aromas of peppermint, brett, seafood scum, coriander, and artificial orange. Taste is pretty much salty mussels with metalic funk, and bitter ashy grains. Not pleasent at all. Weird herbs, clams, vanilla, and other shit spice. Bring on the topper.

yiannnos (1254) - , CYPRUS - AUG 20, 2014
Bottle. Hazy orange colour. Herbal, medicinal aroma and flavour. Not very enjoyable.