overall

RATINGS: 1465   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

LuckyDog (615) - - OCT 20, 2014
Wow. Shared a can of this with a couple of friends. Very complex array of hop flavors without being overpowering.

Westchesterco (2080) - mclean, Virginia, USA - OCT 15, 2014
Poured from a can it is a cloudy golden color with a white head the aroma is of grapefruit the taste is strong bitter citrus flavor and it resonates bitter on the tongue

eduardovl (1467) - SWITZERLAND - OCT 14, 2014
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2016 473ml can served in a tulip glass (to take a look in its appearance) and also drunk from the can as suggested by the brewer. A: Pours a hazy yellow to orange to beige color forming a small think bubbled creamy head. Low retention and only few lingering lacings left in the glass. S: Hops bomb, of course. Refreshing and delicious. Strongly tropical fruity profile with strong notes of green mango. A bit lemony. Malts and some sweetness. T: Excellent taste. Again, of course, giving emphasis to the hops. But the malts profile is also very good. Pale malts, mainly, Maris Otter style, Slightly sweet upfront but with an overall, dry and crispy malt profile. Intensive hops bitterness, however, very well harmonized. Notes of citrus lemony hops. Green mango, tropical fruits. Light notes of brown sugar. M: Medium body and carbonation. Strong citrus hoppy aftertaste. O: Excellent drinkability. Perfect IIPA. [ BA Review @ 6/16/2013 ]

ben4321 (6607) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - OCT 14, 2014
Location: Can shared by Pinsky at Dave’s Bachelor Party, 9/27/14, Rating #4000!

Aroma: It has a big hoppy aroma of grapefruit/tropical hops, pine, and a bit of caramel
Appearance: I drank this one straight from the can as the can instructs you to do
Flavor: The taste has lots of pine and tropical flavors, a little sweet, with a big hop bitterness
Palate: The body is medium-plus, it has a pretty smooth mouthfeel, and a clean, dry finish
Overall Impression: I was quite excited that I finally got to try/rate this. Thanks Pinksy! I’m very happy to enter this one as my 4k tick! I’d like to thank all the inablers who made this possible by sharing beer with me, buying me beer, or just not judging me for how much beer I drink (okay, that last one is really just for my wife). As for the beer, sometimes hype can go to far and the beer has no chance to live up to it. This is not one of those times. This is a world class beer! I’d love to get my hands on more of these.

nuplastikk (6373) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 13, 2014
Can at tasting. Big garlic hop flavor. Reminds me of "Wings of Armegeddon". Bright garlic, yeasty golden malt body. Its good, its tasty, its solid...but this is not life changing stuff...hardly line-worthy.

robbienate (113) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 13, 2014
Very aromatic indeed. Very sweet, soft at first, with many fruits, brown sugar and a hint of cinnamon, but a massive hop-whallop (120 IBUs) takes over shortly. Smooth and creamy throughout, low carbonation. Not at the top for the style, but quite tasty and dangerously drinkable.

MonsterMagnet (1521) - NETHERLANDS - OCT 13, 2014
Can, sample. Didn’t take proper tasting notes. Overwhelming ipa, but very drinkable, mouthfeel is seriously pleasant. The sample was way too small though...

demmbonz (732) - Erin, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 8, 2014
Pint can to snifter. Golden cloudy yellow. Fluffy head. Ridiculous piney hop aroma. Tastes surprisingly balanced and drinkable but with a never ending bitter finish that’s got me making faces. I’m not a hop head.

jcos (1851) - Maryland, USA - OCT 6, 2014
Can Jordan brought to Dave’s bachelor party, September 2014. One of the beers I’ve always wanted to try and didn’t disappoint. What is most amazing is the palate, which is just the right amount of body. Enough bitterness but not overpowering for me, just really really good.

ShivanDragon (4362) - Leeuwarden, NETHERLANDS - SEP 30, 2014
@Borefts 2014, Hotel room tasting, jammer dat we dit moesten delen ;). erg hoppig bier en behoorlijk bitter, maar dat was te verwachten. amber met witte kraag. enorm fruitig en hoppig aroma van grapefruit, citrus etc. smaken zijn heerlijk hoppig, zoetig, citrus fruiten komen er ook goed in terug net als een massa bitterheid, medium body, lage co2, maar dat kan omdat het blikje allicht wat langer open was.