overall

RATINGS: 1488   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.24/5   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
An American Double IPA, packed with over 120 IBU!

sudomorph (1192) - Barrie, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 1, 2014
Can. Pours a bright orange with a thin, white head. Aroma is super bright with big notes of orange citrus, pine, resin, and a bit of bread. Delicious. Taste is bitter but with enough backbone to handle it. Pine, resin, citrus, bread, and a long, bitter/resin aftertaste. Medium-full body with a medium carbonation. Fuller, resiny texture in the mouth with a soft carbonation. Overall awesome. Amazing noise with a great taste and mouth feel. Worth finding.

andrewturba (1190) - Alberta, CANADA - OCT 29, 2014
Pours a hazy orangey copper with a large creamy white head that sticks up the glass quite nicely! Aroma is citrus, tropical fruits, resin together with such a great balance. Flavour is citrus, tropical fruits, grapefruit, orange peel, resin, med-high bitterness(yet oh so smooth!), nice full mothfeel(likely from the hop resins), some deep British pale malty notes and a medium dry finish.

Underdogs88 (325) - New Jersey, USA - OCT 29, 2014
Huge citrus hop aroma. Hazy yellow appearance with a white head with excellent retention and lacing. Flavor is full of pleasant citrus flavors. Malt flavor is light and let's the hops shine. Hop bitterness is nice and smooth. Body is medium with medium carbonation. Truly an amazing ipa. Great citrus aroma and flavor with a smooth bitterness. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

didriklund (1) - Oslo, NORWAY - OCT 24, 2014 does not count
Fantastic beer. Have had it several times now, and it always blows my mind! It’s thick as cream, and every sip is better than the last one. Even the final sip... I love it!!

fishonmyplane (505) - Newington, Connecticut, USA - OCT 22, 2014
UPDATED: DEC 2, 2014 The first time I tried this beer, I didn’t get what the hype was about. Sure, it was a very good IPA, but I just didn’t get it. After the 2nd tasting, I am starting to get it. The key is to treat this beer as if it were a maltier brew, and let it warm to 50-55 F. This allows the flavors to really open up, and show what makes this such a great IPA. It is pretty bitter, but with loads of citrus and tropical fruit, and nice balance. It’s easy to forget just how high the IBU’s are on this one, because it is so smooth and drinkable. I have to admit, this beer lives up to the hype - or at least, it comes close enough for me.

LuckyDog (615) - - OCT 20, 2014
Wow. Shared a can of this with a couple of friends. Very complex array of hop flavors without being overpowering.

Westchesterco (2207) - mclean, Virginia, USA - OCT 15, 2014
Poured from a can it is a cloudy golden color with a white head the aroma is of grapefruit the taste is strong bitter citrus flavor and it resonates bitter on the tongue

eduardovl (1478) - SWITZERLAND - OCT 14, 2014
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2016 473ml can served in a tulip glass (to take a look in its appearance) and also drunk from the can as suggested by the brewer.
A: Pours a hazy yellow to orange to beige color forming a small think bubbled creamy head. Low retention and only few lingering lacings left in the glass.
S: Hops bomb, of course. Refreshing and delicious. Strongly tropical fruity profile with strong notes of green mango. A bit lemony. Malts and some sweetness.
T: Excellent taste. Again, of course, giving emphasis to the hops. But the malts profile is also very good. Pale malts, mainly, Maris Otter style, Slightly sweet upfront but with an overall, dry and crispy malt profile. Intensive hops bitterness, however, very well harmonized. Notes of citrus lemony hops. Green mango, tropical fruits. Light notes of brown sugar.
M: Medium body and carbonation. Strong citrus hoppy aftertaste.
O: Excellent drinkability. Perfect IIPA.
[ BA Review @ 6/16/2013 ]

ben4321 (6769) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - OCT 14, 2014
Location: Can shared by Pinsky at Dave’s Bachelor Party, 9/27/14, Rating #4000!

Aroma: It has a big hoppy aroma of grapefruit/tropical hops, pine, and a bit of caramel

Appearance: I drank this one straight from the can as the can instructs you to do

Flavor: The taste has lots of pine and tropical flavors, a little sweet, with a big hop bitterness

Palate: The body is medium-plus, it has a pretty smooth mouthfeel, and a clean, dry finish

Overall Impression:
I was quite excited that I finally got to try/rate this. Thanks Pinksy! I’m very happy to enter this one as my 4k tick! I’d like to thank all the inablers who made this possible by sharing beer with me, buying me beer, or just not judging me for how much beer I drink (okay, that last one is really just for my wife). As for the beer, sometimes hype can go to far and the beer has no chance to live up to it. This is not one of those times. This is a world class beer! I’d love to get my hands on more of these.

nuplastikk (6471) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 13, 2014
Can at tasting. Big garlic hop flavor. Reminds me of "Wings of Armegeddon". Bright garlic, yeasty golden malt body. Its good, its tasty, its solid...but this is not life changing stuff...hardly line-worthy.