overall
Brewed by Aldaris (Carlsberg)
Style: Pale Lager
Riga, Latvia

RATINGS: 298   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Also known as Zelta Premium Beer.
Aldaris Zelta (Gold) is a classically brewed lager with a mild bitterness, hop flavor and pure malt taste.

daniel0017 (457) - Yukon, CANADA - OCT 21, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2006 Light amber colored body (for a Lager) with a decent white, foamy head of one finger and very good lacing. Has a weak, hoppy aroma that leads you to a very unexpected and inviting sweet honey, hops, malted barley flavor that is brilliantly smokey. Some more complex flavors are present in the aftertaste. Very good finish in this one... Consistency is a little watery, but not boring. A definitively different Lager. This one’s underated if you ask me and a doubly excellent tasting Lager.

KingofCastle (208) - London, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 24, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2007 bottle: I feel like I am in the Baltic States, with a pitchfork heaving hay around. Tired, i reach for a cold beer & encounter Zelta. This is a refeshing, tasty pale lager which urges me on to pitch more hay. Classic is the world here: soft malts, some bitterness, some definite sweetness, nothing too offensive, nothing to stand out. You can do better, but don’t turn it down when you need to do more farm work. These Baltic State beers have a lot of soul, I feel transported.

LordBeamish (144) - Boozetown, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 24, 2007
bottle: My initial drink of this beer felt like I had taken an enormous swig of Billy Bee honey straight from the honey bear. However, much like Ekstra this beer grew on me as I made my way to the bottom of the glass. Very nice hops and malts blend to produce a nice flavour. Finishes sweet but not in an offensive way. All around a very satisfying brew

Angeloregon (2055) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 5, 2007
Very pleasant grainy nose and flavor. Not outstanding was this light colored lager, but very nice and presumably very good fresh on tap.

Stopherbomber (111) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - APR 26, 2007
my first latvian beer, went on to smash back a lot of these in a short space of time. fresh, no aftertaste, easy to drink.

Braudog (6900) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - NOV 29, 2007
Bottle: POured mellow-yellow with a foamy white head. The aroma is quite sweet and soapy, like dish detergent. Presents itself as a bit stronger than 5.2%, a tad warming. But overall, this drinks quite smooth in the Euro-lager tradition ... a tad biscuity, but in a very mellow balanced way, with a kiss of continental hop at the finish. Underrated. (#3223, 11/29/2007)

BeerBaboon (2144) - FINLAND - APR 10, 2011
Fruity, floral and malty. Grassy hops. I was rather surprised by this. Looked rather thick when I poured it into my pint.

Metalchopz (3679) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - APR 4, 2012
Originally rated May 2005. Good foamy lacing and the creamy-fizz head has average retention. The colour of this brew is golden, but with a touch of amber. Quite nice. At first, I could smell euro malt, but then the hop became predominant. Crisp mouthfeel. Smooth start, going to a slight bitter finish. Biscuit afteraste. Non-repulsive lager.

Patrickctenchi (6809) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAY 27, 2013
Pours cloudy, bubbly gold with a tall, frothy, white head. Aroma is malt, grain, honey. Taste is sweet grain, malt, fruit, apple. Very smooth and full of flavour... Quite good, actually.

User37895 (3085) - - JUN 3, 2006
This was an interesting one. Aroma was a bit week, at least I couldn’t make much of it. The flavor, though, was surprisingly pretty good. Definite fruity touch to it and it was fairly sweet, but not filled with a bunch of adjuncts. I’d go back to this as a nice summer lager.