overall
RATINGS: 2340   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.08/5   IBU: 73   EST. CALORIES: 218   ABV: 7.25%
It’s Pretty Awesome. A San Diego classic, AleSmith IPA showcases the versatility of American hops. Aromas of grapefruit and tangerine lead into an abundance of fresh pine and tropical fruit notes followed by a crisp, resinous bitterness. The complex hop profile is supported by a firm malt presence to create an incredibly flavorful and well-balanced IPA.

kaaskop99 (16) - escondido, California, USA - AUG 23, 2002
The cask conditioned version of this beer is miraculous The Hop Flavor is immense but balances well with Maltiness This beer is off the scale a world class beer

dwyerpg (6402) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 15, 2006
This smells great, fruity and fresh (apricots almost). This is one great IPA. Lots of floral characteristics. I like this a lot, and would buy it all the time if we could get it here in Las Vegas. In fact, I think it is probably my favorite.

Svejk (12) - Washington, USA - JAN 14, 2007
In my opinion, Alesmith is the ultimate IPA. As a homebrewer, I have no idea how they are able to get such an incredible hop aroma in a bottle. It seems impossible. Another great thing about Alesmith is that they are able to make a beer with a huge hop presence without being unpleasantly bitter. This is a fantastic beer.

GMCC2181 (1613) - Newark, Delaware, USA - MAR 10, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 19, 2010 Wow! Awesome smell of citrus and pine hops right away. Golden orange color with a great head. Taste is just as it smelled. Citrus/pine flavored hops. Floral sweetness. But well balanced. Great bitteness but not offensive... Extremely smooth. Soft on the palate which makes it so easy to drink. It just sits in your mouth....perfectly. Simple but great IPA. I only wish this was available in my area. I cant even imagine how amazing this must taste on tap at the brewery! So easy to drink. I wish I could give the texture/palate a ten. I like drinking it on the warmer side (50-55 degrees) Everything I ever wanted in a beer...All other IPA’s and beers will be compared to this, only to be let down. This is the perfect beer, reasonabley priced, widely available (not in my area) not a one off/limited beer. Thanks to every one who has sent me this beer...

torourke (7) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUL 14, 2008 does not count
This is my favorite beer in the world. I’m from Florida and I order this beer by mail. It’s very expensive because of the shipping costs but it’s worth it to me. This is the creamiest thickest IPA I have ever tasted. The balance between the pale malt and the formidable hops is perfect. Thick and rich this is almost a double IPA but I like it just the way it is. I love this beer and it has a certain San Diego hop load that is very similar to Racer 5 by Bear Republic. I’m guessing that Cascade and Centennial hops are used in this fantastic concoction. The head is a supremely jagged cloud like affair and is very sticky leaving plenty of lace on my pint glass. The color is a little darker than most IPAs and I like that. If you have never had this IPA, I suggest you do whatever it takes to get it, like I do. Well worth the extra expense and a real treat.

SP23 (10) - Jurupa Valley, California, USA - AUG 18, 2008
This beer pours a very light copper, with about an inch of the prettiest off white head you will ever see. This is by far the clearest IPA you will find and tastes as clean.The aroma is very floral, like fresh cut flowers with just enough of citrus to balance perfectly. The upfront is so smooth, it leaves you wanting more. The flavor changes at least 4 times, as it starts from the front of your tounge to the back of your throat. Take the time to drink this beer at different temps, as it wil show the complexity of the different available flavors that this beer represents. I hope this beer does not ruin all other IPA varietties for you.

mrohia (278) - Ohio, USA - MAR 25, 2012
Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

adrosson (150) - California, USA - APR 20, 2012
Great aroma and flavor. Might be my favorite ipa. Piney and citrus aroma. Enough of a sweet maltyness. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

dhunter151 (590) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - JAN 28, 2013
This is an awesome IPA. Taste of citrus and pine. Nice hop aroma. Very drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Da314man (17) - LONGMONT, Colorado, USA - JUN 10, 2013
Simply the best regular IPA I have ever had. Aroma is great! Great mouthfeel. Only negative is I can not get it in Colorado.