overall
RATINGS: 1418   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 105   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Previously known as Summer YuleSmith.

Beerslugger69 (1) - - AUG 12, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2017 Hello Brothers! It is I, BeerSlugger69. I went to the local beer store around 6:42 pm to purchase a case of something different. I stumbled upon a case of AleSmith Double IPA. Excited and intrigued I walked to the register to purchase said case. As I pulled out my identification the cashier stated, ’$50.47’. Thrown off by the price, my heart skipped a beat but I knew I couldn’t pass on this opportunity. I swiped my card and carried the 20+ lbs case to my all black Ford Mustang with tan interior. As I pulled up to my estate I realized the beers were warm. I needed to solve this problem quickly because I was parched and ready for a beverage. I placed 2 of the IPAs in my freezer and slid the rest into my refrigerator. After approximately 37 minutes I pulled the 2 ice cold glasses out of the freezer. I popped the cap of each, handed one to my sister and kept one for myself. It was time for the first sip. With high expectations, I placed the tip of the glass on my lips and started to tilt my noggin. The icy liquid hit the tip of my tongue as I removed the glass from my mouth. I slapped my tongue to the roof of my mouth for the best taste experience possible. It was Hoppy, citrusy and hit with the perfect temperature. This beverage tasted like Christmas morning. With a hint of pine and assortment of fruits such as orange, grapefruit and tangerine. Perfect mix of hops and fruit with a strong malt backbone to balance out all flavors. Brothers we found the beer of the future!

Jabic (609) - Plainfield, Vermont, USA - AUG 2, 2017
Ar: Pithy lemon and grapefruit, medium-high intensity; toast, orange, and pineapple; very bright aromas. Ap: Golden and clear; medium off-white head with moderate-good retention, leaving a layer of silky foam cover. T: Clean, pointed bitterness up front; lemon, grapefruit, orange, and pine--very pronounced; some lightly sweet malt with a toasted edge, but in the background; black pepper and pink grapefruit linger into the finish, with a huge grip of steely bitters. P: Medium body with high carbonation; finish is medium dry. O: A model West-coast 2XIPA; clean, high bitterness; purity of hop flavor, with lots of punchy citrus, pine, and resin; alcohol extremely well-hidden; looks quite nice in the glass, too!

Dockurty (20) - Indiana, USA - JUL 31, 2017
2017 rating. Even though I'm moving away from the double IPAs, this one lives up to its reputation. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

CObiased (506) - Bayfield, Colorado, USA - JUL 14, 2017
Bomber - it pours a nearly clear rich golden yellow with a tinge of orange and a medium fluffy off white head. A really well rounded aroma with a floral like pine resin, an array of citrus peel, mild herbalness and a hint of bready maltiness. Parity in a double IPA is seldom seen and this is about a close as you get. Excellent hop bouquet and distinctive malt content combine to make a top notch double IPA.

captivaboy (23) - Captiva, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2017
A strong hefty Imperial IPA. Citrusy and hoppy, mild malt overtones, and a real mouth explosion. Not the floral bouquet of Heady Topper and Sip o Sunshine but a remarkable brew. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

snoworsummer (5746) - baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 5, 2017
From a bomber. Pours clear bright gold with a frothy beige head. Tastes like smooth booze, bready malt, caramel, resin, and pine hops. Medium body and low/medium carbonation. Smells like resin, bready malt, caramel, and pine and grapefruit hops.

sonnycheeba (6126) - Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 5, 2017
Bottle. Pours clear amber. Aroma and flavor are bready malt, soft caramel, pine, citrus, crisp bitterness, and faint spicy alcohol notes. Medium body.

Ronritter (773) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUL 4, 2017
12oz bottle with foamy off white head aroma is faint citrus and pine taste is strong bitter hops faint citrus

scotchzombie (594) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 2, 2017
Very clear slightly copper color with a smooth foamy white head that speaks to you. Aroma is sweet floral hop orange and tangerine citrus. Big flavor rush and very balanced but contained. Sweet slightly cooked caramel malt bottom and sweet tropical citrus up front with strong piney bitterness out back. Dry and mildly boozy. The linger is bitter. Flavors expand after a few sips - stick with this one. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

brianza_ale (213) - ITALY - JUN 6, 2017
33cl bottle in snifter. STRAIGHT FROM CALI (La Jolla) in the luggage, BIG THANKS TO BOB AS ALWAYS !! Pours a moderate, but dense, 1-2 fingers head, off white appearance; deep golden to orange color, with some light haziness. Smells really fresh and nice from the beginning: mango, pine, lime, all mixed on a minty background. Taste orange peel, tropical ripe, earthy, rich malts, resin, typical west coast. Really quite sustained but at the end pleasing bitterness, medium sweetness + that also kicks in. Very nice on the nose, with a bold and complex taste profile, maybe not as sophisticated as other indians from alesmith but still very solid.