overall

RATINGS: 1423   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.06/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 105   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Previously known as Summer YuleSmith.

foundmd (210) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 17, 2008
UPDATED: OCT 9, 2011 22oz bottle. Pours golden amber/orange with a thick creamy head. Big balanced hops with citrus and pine. Very reminiscent of AleSmith?s standard IPA, but with slightly bigger flavors. Incredible.

mspindler (489) - Alta Loma, California, USA - JUL 20, 2009
Bottle purchased with dinner at Stone Sour Fest 09. Pours a cloudy golden color with a large frothy white head that laces nicely. Aroma is a super fresh hop attack of mostly pine then citrus. Flavor is equally as huge and fresh. Tons of grapefruit, pine, and ridiculously bitter. A slightly sweet malt background with some fresh fruits and bread. Perfect medium to full palate with moderate carbonation. I weep thinking about it.

mcberko (18583) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 15, 2011
22 oz. bottle, split with Matts_Property, pours a hazy golden orange with a tiny white head. Strong piney and resinous hops on the nose, with just enough caramel malt to back. Flavour is intensely hoppy with absolute truckloads of piney and resinous hops that completely cover the palate - and yet somehow nothing is out of balance. Some fruity characteristics blend in with the hops, as well as some caramel. Not even that much bitterness, but intense fruity and resinous hops linger on and on. Remarkably well-made - a pinnacle IIPA.

greatscott75 (21) - California, USA - AUG 13, 2012
Pours a pale golden. Lacey head. Nose is pine and gardenia or plumeria. Really good.

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - AUG 8, 2013
Sweet and bitter aroma. Earthy organic. Thick orange cloudiness in color. Super packed with flavor. Very rich profile from start to finish. Buttery. Big farmhouse grain to it. Pine resin biter sticky. A bit rough and in your face. Man I want to try this on tap. To quote Ric Flair "Woooooo!". It’s hard to explain the richness this beer has. This has that "I am going to kick your ass" personality to it! Love it!

MetalNHopHead (2127) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - MAR 20, 2014
For an Imperial IPA, YuleSmith was surprisingly sweet. Granted, the bottle I drank from had a fair amount of age on it, and the hop bitterness had been completely muted. The hop notes hinted at tangerine and berry. The big, sweet malt backbone is what really caught my attention. It provided a whole lot of caramel flavor and aroma. While I’d like to try a fresher batch for comparison, YuleSmith made an impression by being one of the most palatable Imperial IPA’s I’ve ever tried.

Patrik (915) - Amarillo City, - JUL 8, 2015
Woow jävligt fräsch Dipa doft. Enormt komplex. Hav Gräs Äng. Smaken då??? Jo Krämig medelfruktig marsipan . Jävligt god fy Faaan. Lättdrucken å mjuk fyllig efterbeska . Trotts det hypade betygen hos ölnördar Så måste jag säga De eller Vi har rätt.

dojken (645) - SWEDEN - JUL 8, 2015
Flaska. Här pratar vi kvalitet. Vilka trevliga dofter av hav tång vått gräs samt toner av gödsel. Så jäkla balanserad o så alla smaker som man vill ha. Eftersmaken är något man vill ens barn ska uppleva.

javiercrasher (622) - Granada, SPAIN - DEC 4, 2016
Brutal! De color naranja, turbia con una capa de espuma compacta. En nariz cítrica y herbal. En boca recuerdo dulce, luego pino. Resinosa y amarga, bien balanceada por la malta. La malta le da un toque dulce. Alcohol bien integrado aunque se nota. Lastima que no tenga etiqueta con fecha de consumo preferente.

Beerslugger69 (2) - - AUG 12, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 12, 2017 Hello Brothers! It is I, BeerSlugger69. I went to the local beer store around 6:42 pm to purchase a case of something different. I stumbled upon a case of AleSmith Double IPA. Excited and intrigued I walked to the register to purchase said case. As I pulled out my identification the cashier stated, '$50.47'. Thrown off by the price, my heart skipped a beat but I knew I couldn't pass on this opportunity. I swiped my card and carried the 20+ lbs case to my all black Ford Mustang with tan interior. As I pulled up to my estate I realized the beers were warm. I needed to solve this problem quickly because I was parched and ready for a beverage. I placed 2 of the IPAs in my freezer and slid the rest into my refrigerator. After approximately 37 minutes I pulled the 2 ice cold glasses out of the freezer. I popped the cap of each, handed one to my sister and kept one for myself. It was time for the first sip. With high expectations, I placed the tip of the glass on my lips and started to tilt my noggin. The icy liquid hit the tip of my tongue as I removed the glass from my mouth. I slapped my tongue to the roof of my mouth for the best taste experience possible. It was Hoppy, citrusy and hit with the perfect temperature. This beverage tasted like Christmas morning. With a hint of pine and assortment of fruits such as orange, grapefruit and tangerine. Perfect mix of hops and fruit with a strong malt backbone to balance out all flavors. Brothers we found the beer of the future!