overall
RATINGS: 41   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Old Stitch is based on a 17th century recipe developed by Frank Clark at Colonial Williamsburg.

NobleMonger3 (1) - Peabody, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 23, 2017 does not count
I thought this beer is one of the best tasting beers I have ever had even beating Sam Adams by a little bit which I usually drink though I have had many different types,and for those people who gives this beer less than a score of 4.5 they are lying to themselves.

robgibbens (432) - Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - SEP 8, 2013
Picked this up in Colonial Williamsburg. Pours a deep brown, minimal head. The aroma is roasted malt, oats, brown sugar. Nice malty taste that goes down smooth. Great brown ale!

DukeBrewDevil (732) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - JUN 17, 2012
The clear highlight for my wife and I of a very good tasting session. Rich, complex brown ale. Nothing strong, just a mix of lots of flavors...leather, maple syrup, something nutty. I don't usually rate samples, but I want to remember to try this again if/when possible.

gizmo_ber (201) - Steinwenden, GERMANY - MAY 26, 2012
Sample at AleWerks in Williamsburg, VA. Nice smooth beer, very flavorful and easy to drink.

Travlr (26246) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - NOV 27, 2012
Draft at the source. Hazy maroon color, huge thick beige head. Aroma of burnt toast. Taste is slightly smokey caramel. Tasty.

crhensel (145) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 1, 2013
Poured a rich dark amber with an aroma heavy in molasses and brown sugar. Like most browns, this was a very sweet but very refreshing drink. Easily one of my favorite brown ales.

corkncap (6) - USA - OCT 22, 2012 does not count
complex with toasty malt, cocoa and a bit of hop bitterness on the finish. Served in a tankard at Chownings in Williamsburg ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bnokk (548) - Lee, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2016
UPDATED: DEC 24, 2016 APPEARANCE-nut brown in color, with red hue. Light and creamy looking head. NOSE-nice light roasty malt scent. FLAVOR- malty and sweet flavor with just a bit of roasty notes to rounding it all out. Really excellent brown ale!!

DocLock (11109) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2012
Draft at Colonial Williamburg. Pours hazy dark brown with minimal off-tan head. Nose was earthy, bready vienna malt, mild cacao, nuts, and backup hops, Tasted rich, with an earthy nutty malt up front, some mid-palate cacao, and a smooth finish. This beer matched really well with the cramped and old-fashioned confines of the tavern we were in, and really seemed to fit the period well. It took me back in time.