overall
RATINGS: 134   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.69/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Pumpkin Ale is pumpkin pie in a bottle. Skip the pie after dinner and just have a couple of these! An American Amber Ale flavored with all those fall spices we love!

Bamaboy1975 (248) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - SEP 14, 2013
I LOVE THIS BEER. I was in phonexville at the end of fall last year and happened to walk into a bar that had it on tap. I have had ALOT of pumpkins beers, this is by far my favorite. I live in philly and am excited for the fall, mainly because of this beer, I hope that it finds me again, as I continue to search for it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rolltideroll (20) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - SEP 19, 2013
Great pumpkin beer. With all of the new pumpkin beers on the market this one, and Schlafly stand above the rest. Great aroma, great pumpkin pie spices, great mouth feel, very drinkable. I only bought one bottle, but I will be going back to get more.

Davetopay (54) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - OCT 4, 2009
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2009 TOP OF THE HEAP! This is my flat out favorite pumpkin this season. You KNOW that this is the real deal when you smell it. This beer is made with roasted cut pumpkin, not pumpkin flavor, not pumpkin extract, but the REAL stuff. The pour is a bright autumn orange with a creamy dense head that maintains a consistent thickness all the way down. The aroma is of mild spices, and big sweet carmelized gourd. The flavor is big on bready toasty malts, hints of caramel, and the slightly burnt sugars of the roasted pumpkin. The spices are there, but no where near the intensity of some other brews that try to mimic a Thanksgiving pie. They compliment the sweetness of the fruit and malt by adding a special earthy nature in conjunction with the hops. The potency of the flavors in this ale, along with its dense mouthfeel make a perfect dessert beer in my book. I only hope I can find more of it!

stephen57 (39) - Midlothian, Virginia, USA - NOV 14, 2015
Poured aggressively. Small head. Little carbonation. You smell the spices up front and right away! Great color! Taste the pumpkin and other spices right off! Very smooth and sessionable but beware the high alcohol content! It will sneak up on you at 8%. Excellent and well made beer! Best Pumpkin beer I ever had. SEH!!