overall
RATINGS: 1278   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
Allagash Curieux is a unique beer that was aged for 8 weeks in Jim Beam Bourbon Barrels. In July 2004 they brewed a batch of the Triple and placed it in Bourbon barrels from Kentucky.
December ’04 bottles labeled as 11% ABV. Previous vintages at 9.5%

smetrick (21) - Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2008
shared with friends poured into tulip glass. This is an exceptional beer brewed by people that understand just about everything anyone would ever need to know about beer. This is a big delicous beer with many amazing attributes. Drink it like you would that favorite bottle you were saving for the best of ocassions. Superlative in every conceivable way. When you are looking for a big luscious beer look no further.

bigred22 (85) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUL 31, 2010
UPDATED: NOV 8, 2010 This Beer is what all beers should taste like. I hate living in a state that does not offer this fine brew! This Belgian Ale is flavored to perfection. The color is a little light, but that means little as soon as you taste it. This beer is in my top 5. Highly recommend! I had to rate this a 5 it is my favorite beer!

Emeister84 (2505) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - OCT 31, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 10, 2012 Aromas of peaches, apple cider, and citrus fruit. Appearance is cloudy/translucent, almost opaque and the color of dried apricot. Tastes like dry peaches, apples, and tropical fruit, reminiscent of viognier, spicey, and a little boozey at the end. Prickly and bubbly on the palate, with a dry, spicey, warming finish.

lobotomizdgoat (18) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2013
Rich and sweet with generous spices, potent bourbon barrel flavor balances the richness, low hops.

spacemonster (90) - Igo, California, USA - APR 3, 2013
UPDATED: AUG 10, 2013 This is an incredibly delicious beer. I’m not going to go on about It’s attributes. It’s a beer a beer lover has to have. I love it. I haven’t had a handful of beers in It’s class. One of the worlds best beers.

IPABevyGuy (67) - New York, USA - APR 3, 2013
This is the best Belgian I have ever had and I have had my fair share. Very smooth, nice bourbon flavor, with a Belgian finish. I felt like I was sipping on a glass of fine bourbon, every time was bliss. Bought two more bottles to age, can’t wait to taste it.

kirk36 (223) - Peabody, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 24, 2014
Oh my good god amazing! They know beer! A triple aged in bourbon! Whole shit good! It sneaks up on you and fucks you up! Smooth and slightly bourbon more triple! But that's all right. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Optimatorjoe (6) - - NOV 16, 2014 does not count
Maybe the best bourbon barrel aged beer I've tasted. My favorite Allagash beer so far. Strong but excellent taste.

Saterman (3) - - OCT 31, 2015 does not count
The subtle flavor of bourbon comes through at the back end of every sip; a tiny bit citrusy

Sirmixsomewhat (266) - Paoli, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2015
I expected something great when I bought this, and it didn’t disappoint. Curieux pours a beautiful golden brown and smells like citrus and oak. How does it taste? Like scotch...if scotch could be beer. It has a sweetness to it that’s followed by somewhat of a creamy finish, but after you’ve swallowed it, it has oaky notes that make you think you just had a sip of scotch. Absolutely fantastic stuff.