overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1655   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Our interpretation of a traditional Belgian wheat beer, Allagash White delicately balances full flavor with a crisp, refreshing taste and subtle hints of spice. Naturally cloudy, bottled with yeast.

DutchDrebus (6245) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - DEC 13, 2017
Bottle @ home. Hazy pale yellow colour with a huge white head. Smells and tastes pretty much like a witbier should taste. I’m glad there’s not a coriander overkill. Thin to medium body and really low carbo. Still not my favorite type of beer, but I can enjoy this one.

silva6411 (35) - King, North Carolina, USA - DEC 9, 2017
Wow this has a great taste. Very smooth with a hint of honey at the end. Being at 5% this is a great beer!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

tonyreynes (11) - - DEC 6, 2017
One of my favorite white ales. Nice nose, smooth mouth taste and great finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BarleyMonger6 (15) - - NOV 29, 2017
Draft. Was a nice companion to a thick New England Clam Chowder. Citrus and coriander notes at good levels. Wheat a tad forward. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bill Becker (1911) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 22, 2017
From Jun 2008

I got this bottle from jwc215. Thanks Joe!

It pours a coudy lemon yellow with a 2 finger head of foam. Good lacing and very good head retention.

The smell is yeasty and has big notes of orange and spice, mainly coriander. A touch of banana as well. Great nose for the style.

The taste is of lemon, coriander, a touch of clove, banana, pepper, ok. It fits the style to a T for me and I'm loving it.

Medium bodied and well carbonated, it finishes with a lemon zest flavour. Very drinkable and seeing how it's only 5%abv, I wouldn't get into too much trouble drinking a few of these.

Oh, and I just noticed a sweetness in my last sip....perhaps candy sugar? Wow. This is good.

Bottom line: A *great* Witbier that would make one hell of a return to beer in the upcoming summer. I wish we had it in Casper!!

allagashwitte (1) - - NOV 17, 2017 does not count
I rate Allagash White on a sliding scale comparatively to Marten's Witte. Marten's Witte is my high water mark when it comes to belgian whites. It's the best i've ever tasted. Although, I don't know if it's the brewing process or not i.e. ABV, but I taste candy notes on the head and distilled birch bark thrown in on the aftertaste. Allagash white is a domestic offering that needs to step it up to European standards. This american white needs to more closely match a witte from europe, i.e. more candy notes and it will hit the nail on the head. All together it is an 8 where Marten's witte is a 10. In an country where it is ever so hard to obtain european imports Allagash white should adjust it's offering to brew a true european witte domestically without having to import anything.

OsuStu (281) - - NOV 14, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2017 Draft. Hazy yellow color with a short white head. Aroma and flavors are lemon, wheat, coriander. Pretty light and drinkable.

eRock_2013 (514) - South Carolina, USA - NOV 12, 2017
Finally getting a rating submitted for this classic witbier from Allagash - from a bottle-conditioned bottle, this pours a perfect fresh and foamy appearance, solid creamy half-inch of foam that did not dissipate at all thanks to persistent lacing. Hazy but translucent pale yellow appearance, Soft aroma of wheaty grain and some mild clove and other Belgian spices. Likewise soft and light-bodied on the palate, nice natural carbonation with a subtly bitter floral hop aftertaste. Flavor is a true-to-style unsweet wheat and pale malt with hints of yeast and herbal spices. Clean-finishing, easy-drinking, lives up to its reputation.

hgray14 (11) - Petaluma, California, USA - NOV 11, 2017
Very pleasant Belgian wheat beer. It was definitely crisp, but was also a bit more malty than I was expecting. Also, with as cloudy as it was with yeast and other sediment, I expected it to be a little bitter or sour, but it wasn't at all.

We had this with a bowl of crab chowder in a cozy cafe and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely have this one again.

beerbombthrower (16) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 6, 2017
If you are looking for a sessionable Belgian wheat, it's hard to ever go wrong with this one. This is a beer to go out on a canoe with a fishing pole and just to enjoy the day. A cant lose beer.