overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1650   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Our interpretation of a traditional Belgian wheat beer, Allagash White delicately balances full flavor with a crisp, refreshing taste and subtle hints of spice. Naturally cloudy, bottled with yeast.

zoelester's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
zoelester (23) - Stockbridge, Georgia, USA - JAN 9, 2014
This beer is a bit bitter and the after taste is not good to me. The appearance is great!

allagashwitte (1) - - NOV 17, 2017 does not count
I rate Allagash White on a sliding scale comparatively to Marten's Witte. Marten's Witte is my high water mark when it comes to belgian whites. It's the best i've ever tasted. Although, I don't know if it's the brewing process or not i.e. ABV, but I taste candy notes on the head and distilled birch bark thrown in on the aftertaste. Allagash white is a domestic offering that needs to step it up to European standards. This american white needs to more closely match a witte from europe, i.e. more candy notes and it will hit the nail on the head. All together it is an 8 where Marten's witte is a 10. In an country where it is ever so hard to obtain european imports Allagash white should adjust it's offering to brew a true european witte domestically without having to import anything.

OsuStu (279) - - NOV 14, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 14, 2017 Draft. Hazy yellow color with a short white head. Aroma and flavors are lemon, wheat, coriander. Pretty light and drinkable.

eRock_2013 (511) - South Carolina, USA - NOV 12, 2017
Finally getting a rating submitted for this classic witbier from Allagash - from a bottle-conditioned bottle, this pours a perfect fresh and foamy appearance, solid creamy half-inch of foam that did not dissipate at all thanks to persistent lacing. Hazy but translucent pale yellow appearance, Soft aroma of wheaty grain and some mild clove and other Belgian spices. Likewise soft and light-bodied on the palate, nice natural carbonation with a subtly bitter floral hop aftertaste. Flavor is a true-to-style unsweet wheat and pale malt with hints of yeast and herbal spices. Clean-finishing, easy-drinking, lives up to its reputation.

hgray14 (11) - Petaluma, California, USA - NOV 11, 2017
Very pleasant Belgian wheat beer. It was definitely crisp, but was also a bit more malty than I was expecting. Also, with as cloudy as it was with yeast and other sediment, I expected it to be a little bitter or sour, but it wasn't at all. We had this with a bowl of crab chowder in a cozy cafe and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely have this one again.

beerbombthrower (11) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 6, 2017
If you are looking for a sessionable Belgian wheat, it's hard to ever go wrong with this one. This is a beer to go out on a canoe with a fishing pole and just to enjoy the day. A cant lose beer.

Hopskotch (21) - Stanford, California, USA - NOV 6, 2017
A traditional Belgian wheat beer, full summery flavor with a crisp taste. The cloudiness throws me off a bit, but I still enjoy it

ehaak26 (710) - - NOV 4, 2017
Bottle from Beers of the World. Aroma of citrus, coriander, and bread. Pours a cloudy yellow with thin white head.

wheldfond18 (12) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 13, 2017
A sophisticated Belgian wheat style beer. Hints of citrus make it extremely refreshing on the palate. Easy to drink very flavorful beverage. Great for warm weather dinner parties.

Kleg (404) - The Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 11, 2017
Draft at Tuckerman's Tavern in N Conway, NH. Cloudy yellow pour with a white head and decent lacing. Too much clover taste for me. Pass.

harpo40 (35) - Eastham, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 10, 2017
Easy-to-drink, tasty and refreshing. I suppose that's what a beer is supposed to be. Our tastes at least say so. We will repurchase more after our exploring is finished, if it ever does.