overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1633   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Our interpretation of a traditional Belgian wheat beer, Allagash White delicately balances full flavor with a crisp, refreshing taste and subtle hints of spice. Naturally cloudy, bottled with yeast.

rosebud (47) - Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 12, 2001
I am amazed that something this good came out of the U.S. This beer has an amazing palate that lingers long after you've finished. This is a beautiful white beer that can rival any imported.

mrbeakersalesman99 (17) - USA - FEB 24, 2001
I thought the Belgian Hoegaarden was the best white beer out there until I had this...beautiful, foamy head (cloudy) with a citrusy taste that lingers on the palate!

Beeradvocate.com99 (8) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 27, 2001 does not count
Perfection in a bottle, Whogarden?........................................

hunter13 (1) - California, USA - MAY 24, 2006 does not count
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2007 my favorite beer in the 750ml corked bottles. also my favorite style and have had most that i can get my hands on.

garrisonp (2) - Brighton, Massachusetts, USA - APR 12, 2012 does not count
Cloudy pale yellow. Creamy white head that lingers, good lacing. Spicey, lemon-y aroma. Yeasty, lemon, and very drinkable. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

WABeerFiend (413) - - JAN 17, 2015
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2016 Poured from a 12 oz bottle on 07.24.14. A: Strong smell of wheat. It also has lemon. A: 2 finger fluffy head. Cloudy straw yellow. T: Lemon and wheat dominate. Clove is subtle on the back end. P: Creamy smooth. Perfect. O: This is one of the best wits out there, hands down. I was looking forward to picking up Pliny on a trip, but this ended up outshining everything, including Pliny *gasp*. I was going to hoard some packs of this, but it was too good not to drink immediately. It’s too bad that they don’t distribute to my state. Oh well. It is a fantastic wit.

mtdshn (173) - Moline, Illinois, USA - DEC 7, 2005
Bottle. Pours the greatest hue of orange with a pretty minimal head. Yeasty scents abound with a slight starfruit scent towards the end. Banana flavors with slight nutmeg aftertaste. Sparking mouthfeel. This is the best Belgian white I’ve had. It’s like spring in a bottle.