overall
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1658   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Our interpretation of a traditional Belgian wheat beer, Allagash White delicately balances full flavor with a crisp, refreshing taste and subtle hints of spice. Naturally cloudy, bottled with yeast.

beeroverthere's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beeroverthere (81) - USA - APR 9, 2012
Color:Yellow cloudy Aroma:Citrus, hint of yeast, coriander Body:Orange, black pepper in the middle, light sweetness Finish:Light bitter finish Over-all/Mouth-feel: Light and crispy. Great summer beer. Low carbonation.

fadosolrela (13) - - JAN 5, 2018
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2018 Je n’aime pas les blanches classiques mais j’ai flashé sur celle-ci car elle a beaucoup de goût (épices, agrumes). Une de mes bières américaines préférées.

Capa (3628) - DC, Washington DC, USA - DEC 30, 2017
Bright hazy golden with a white head. Spicy, clove, light wheat. Medium bodied. So good.

blackisle (2892) - Amsterdam IJburg, NETHERLANDS - DEC 27, 2017
Bottle 12fl.oz. @home poured into a tumbler. Slightly unclear pale golden, good two finger frothy white head, half-way lasting, fair lacing; aroma wheat, lemon, cloves, coriander; taste light sweet, a bit bitter and light acidic, wheaty, lemon, lemon grass notes; dry mild fruity finish, spicy notes; light body, watery texture, soft carbonation; nice witbier.

goodbeer100 (2) - Sewickley, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2017 does not count
This is really good beer if you like Belgian whites. Try it and see why it beats even the Belgian whites for a Belgian-style white beer. Excellent. This is one of my overall favorite beers. My wife loves it too. Brewed in Portland Maine with water right out of pristine Sebago Lake.

DutchDrebus (6328) - Oirschot, NETHERLANDS - DEC 13, 2017
Bottle @ home. Hazy pale yellow colour with a huge white head. Smells and tastes pretty much like a witbier should taste. I’m glad there’s not a coriander overkill. Thin to medium body and really low carbo. Still not my favorite type of beer, but I can enjoy this one.

silva6411 (55) - King, North Carolina, USA - DEC 9, 2017
Wow this has a great taste. Very smooth with a hint of honey at the end. Being at 5% this is a great beer!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

tonyreynes (15) - - DEC 6, 2017
One of my favorite white ales. Nice nose, smooth mouth taste and great finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

BarleyMonger6 (17) - - NOV 29, 2017
Draft. Was a nice companion to a thick New England Clam Chowder. Citrus and coriander notes at good levels. Wheat a tad forward. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Bill Becker (2008) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - NOV 22, 2017
From Jun 2008 I got this bottle from jwc215. Thanks Joe! It pours a coudy lemon yellow with a 2 finger head of foam. Good lacing and very good head retention. The smell is yeasty and has big notes of orange and spice, mainly coriander. A touch of banana as well. Great nose for the style. The taste is of lemon, coriander, a touch of clove, banana, pepper, ok. It fits the style to a T for me and I'm loving it. Medium bodied and well carbonated, it finishes with a lemon zest flavour. Very drinkable and seeing how it's only 5%abv, I wouldn't get into too much trouble drinking a few of these. Oh, and I just noticed a sweetness in my last sip....perhaps candy sugar? Wow. This is good. Bottom line: A *great* Witbier that would make one hell of a return to beer in the upcoming summer. I wish we had it in Casper!!

allagashwitte (1) - - NOV 17, 2017 does not count
I rate Allagash White on a sliding scale comparatively to Marten's Witte. Marten's Witte is my high water mark when it comes to belgian whites. It's the best i've ever tasted. Although, I don't know if it's the brewing process or not i.e. ABV, but I taste candy notes on the head and distilled birch bark thrown in on the aftertaste. Allagash white is a domestic offering that needs to step it up to European standards. This american white needs to more closely match a witte from europe, i.e. more candy notes and it will hit the nail on the head. All together it is an 8 where Marten's witte is a 10. In an country where it is ever so hard to obtain european imports Allagash white should adjust it's offering to brew a true european witte domestically without having to import anything.