overall
Brewed by Alley Kat Brewing Company
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Edmonton, Canada

RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
One sip will transport you straight back to Grandma’s kitchen.

Description
With warm and inviting aromas of cinnamon and nutmeg this pleasantly medium bodied ale will envelop your tastebuds with all the best flavours of fall.

Pumpkin Pie, a fan favorite since 2007, is returning this fall. Offered in a 650ml, this warm spiced ale has notes of cinnamon and ginger on a bed of delicious pumpkin. 13.5°

hobbersr (690) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 18, 2008
Pours a dak transparent red with a small beige head. Aroma has a whack of nutmeg... tons of nutmeg. Other scents on the nose are well pumpkin and I wanna say pie crust. Wow! it tastes like pumpkin pie in a bottle!. Enough said. Feels alright on te palate. Loses marks for not tasting like a beer... but for weirdness and taste, it gets a thumbs up!

blankboy (7808) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 17, 2009
My bottle (12oz) shared with HogTownHarry & garthicus -- courtesy of Presario. Pours a clear orange-copper with an average size diminishing white head. Aroma: Yup, that’s pumpkin pie alright, along with caramel malt and toffee in the back. Malty, spicy flavour is, surprise surprise, pumpkin pie-ish! Average bodied. Very enjoyable and right on style.

jimmay (815) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 14, 2009
341 ml bottle. Pours deep amber in colour. Strong aroma and taste of nutmeg and pumpkin spices. Next to no head, and mildly carbonated. Good beer!

TheHulk (486) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 7, 2010
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2010 Smells great, you really get the spices in the nose - cinnamon and it really does smell like pumpkin pie. Brownish red, it is quick thick and cloudy, a bit of head, ok lacing. Looks better in the glass than I expected for something that isn’t bottle conditioned. Smooth uptake on the sweetness of the malts, a bit spicy from the herbs and the pumpkin (?) flavour. The problem here is, as I have a few more sips I only can smell diapers now when I get it close to my nose. NO, it’s the poweder smell to cover up the diaper smell from the diaper genie! ok, so my smell memory is great but that smell really doesn’t belong in my beer... good thing I smelled it before I got the taste mixed up in my nose. Fairly creamy on the tounge, a bit of spice flavour and then it fades. Pretty good, I’ve bought this a few times now for something different. Next edition 15th anniversary : pretty much the same, I’m not geting the diaper smell this time... but I CAN see where on the right night your nose would be in that place. The head’lacing is even weaker, but the spice/flavour combination is even more spot on. I used to hate pumpkin pie as a kid and now I love it, I bought 2 at the store when they were festively on sale and this beer is jus like the pie spices, minus the crust flavour. I really prefer a thicker (bottle conditioned) beer, and this one is after a Rochefort 10 and 6, so I’m pretty judemental, but this one still tastes right.

solidfunk (9409) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - AUG 17, 2011
Wasn’t sure this would work, especially because I’m not a huge pumpkin pie fan but this beer is good. Smells and has a pumpkin pie start, finishes with a touch of bitterness

Reimer96 (1778) - Alberta, CANADA - SEP 13, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2012 Tons of spice on the nose likely cardomon, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bold pumpkin pie taste with vanilla and a spicy finish very good fall beer a d can’t wait to have one with thanksgiving dinner and dessert.

simonblaine (593) - Alberta, CANADA - JAN 19, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 25, 2015 Good, pours reddish brown. Definite pumpkin pie flavour and aroma. Bit watery. Now to find a whipped cream flavour beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

exeter (569) - calgary, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 6, 2014
Sweet, spicy, nutmeg, pumpkin pie with malt. This was one of my fav pumpkin beers,

markas101 (2502) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - SEP 11, 2014
65 cl bottle, Calgary, AB , Canada via coop. Clear iced tea colour. Caramel and clove aroma. Somewhat sweet, interesting. Not over powering. More spice coming through, then a long bright hop finish.

DeanF (2527) - Quebec, CANADA - OCT 4, 2015
Nice aroma of coriander and pumpkin spice. Has a huge head and foggy orange body. NIce soft pumpkin flavour, not too overbearing. A little too weak on the mouth though. This is nice however, and highly drinkable.