overall
RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
This barrel-aged ale is a celebration of the California autumn harvest. Brewed with heirloom pumpkins from La Tercera Farms in Bodega Bay, crisp Fuyu persimmons from Hamada Farms in the San Joaquin Valley and fresh ginger from the Santa Clara Valley, then aged for over a year in white wine barrels to create a deliciously complex wild ale. Enjoy with delicate white fish and roasted squash.

Rabbleroust (1) - California, USA - MAY 9, 2013 does not count
Lizeth looooooooved this pumpkin and persimmon beer! Hard to find but delicious! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

dhunter151 (590) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - MAY 17, 2013
Pours a hazy golden yellow with a white head. Citrus, lemon, apple, and oak. The ginger is faint. I didn't pick up any pumpkin or persimmon. Very sour. Solid. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Hopped_Silly (418) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2013
Draft release for Sf Beer Week.. Solid. Above average quality, clean and focused. VERY TART citrus fruit, clean, with buttery nuances from the barrel... mouthwatering and refreshing. Worth seeking. Berliner Weisse and Geuze come to mind.. Though this has it's own personality. Yum! --- tasted while on a long journey to understand the world around me...

jtclockwork (17264) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 18, 2013
Bottle. Pours cloudy gold. White head. Nose and taste of citrus zest, ginger, pumpkin seed, soured persimmons, lemon and Brett. Medium body. Well balanced acidity.

DoublEE (781) - South Euclid, Ohio, USA - OCT 17, 2013
Still can’t really find the pumpkins, but this one is definitely fruity and refreshing. The wine barrel aging does this beer a whole lot of complexity, Overall, I find this to be a great beer. Mouthfeel is light bodied, highly carbonated and lip smacking from the fruit and tartness. Drinkability is high.

merc7186 (3160) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - NOV 15, 2013
A: Golden Straw Hue, Passes Most Light, White Head Ring, Some Lacing S: Hay, Persimmon, Apricot, Mild Pumpkin T: Ginger, Apricots, Hay, Chardonnay M: Average Carbonation, Medium Bodied, Mildly Bitter Overall, a pretty nice blend with the white wine barrel and ginger, pumpkin, and persimmon.

andrewje41 (4241) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - FEB 21, 2016
375 ml bottle poured. The first of a series that I have looked for more than any other series in the world. Peach orange pour with a patchy fizz head. Orange fruit, peach, apricot, and dominant sour aroma. Sour up front. Watermelon, orange, melon. Up to expectation for sure, and worth the wait. Sourness 7/10. Excellent.

Sperine (283) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 17, 2013
Bottle at Incanto in San Francisco. I have been trying to push myself into the realm of sours to expand my horizons, but very few leave me impressed. This may be the best one I've had to date. And considering it was $18 for a 12 oz. bottle at this restaurant, I am relieved it was a worthwhile experience. When in Rome...

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Deep yellow cloudy pour with some fizz, and a sparkling wine mouthfeel. Sour and tart, but not lip-puckering so. Base notes are more fruit oriented to me; not sure if I'm picking up the pumpkin. I'm by no means an expert in this style, but would say it's one of the better ones I have had. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone