RATINGS: 194   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
We love blackberries. Tart, sweet and complex but guarded by thorny branches, these alluring fruit have been a favorite of ours since we added them to our very first beer. This sour blonde ale is infused with loads of coastal Blackberries from Swanton Berry Farm in California’s Santa Cruz Mountains and aged in wine barrels for many months. Pair with duck dishes and summer salads.

falco242 (398) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - AUG 4, 2014
Wow...this is good. Beautiful peach color and tart funky fruitiness in the nose. Lots of carbination, super tart blackberry flavor with sweet oak lingering in there. The wine barrel addition make this great, especially with the Brett finish.

TheGoldenChalice (25) - The Garden of the Beer Gods, North Carolina, USA - NOV 25, 2014
Served in a Teku straight from the bottle, aged for ~8-10m after purchase. Aroma - inviting aroma that reeks of white wine barrels and sour berries. Impressed. Appearance - cloudy, hazy, orangish, opaque hue that reminds me of the appearance of Westbrook’s Gose. Berry residue settles @ bottom of the glass. Taste - I have to admit -- I have not had many blackberry sours. I have had a decent number of world class sours, but very few blackberry sours. That said, this is hands down delicious and unlike other sours I have encountered. The blackberry flavor is subtle, but evident, especially as the beer’s astringency shines through with each sip. The white wine barrels dovetail brilliantly with the blackberries, which augment the tartness delightfully well. Overall, I am extremely happy I drank this beer now. I could not have asked for anything more out of it. I appreciate all of the craftsmanship that went into this one, and highly recommend this to any sour fan/collector.

ALIBALI (2707) - Kiel, GERMANY - AUG 4, 2017
Oude BrettMuff, perfekte krieky FruitbeerOptik und ein stacheliger SourAleTrunk mit deutlich beerig/holzigen Fruchtanteil.👌 355ml Bottle from the US. SALE!!! 9$ :)...Scotties Fracht!!!

vtafro (7451) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - MAY 27, 2014
Bottle. Hazy pink pour with white head. Blackberry, light tart citrus acetic and Brett flavors. Aroma is tart but sweet, berry tones.

andrewje41 (4532) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - MAY 30, 2014
Draft. Pours a reddish orange with a tart aroma. Sour berry flavor all around. More apple than blackberry, and very sour flavor. Yet another solid sour beer from almanac. Loved it.

MetalNHopHead (2269) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - APR 19, 2017
Almanac Farmer’s Reserve Blackberry reminds me a lot of the berry-infused Sours I’ve enjoyed from a brewery much closer to my side of the map: Crooked Stave. It’s a flattering comparison. Almanac seems to share a similar mindset in their desire to include lots of fresh fruit but to always remind you that it’s still a Sour with wild yeast. This brew pours dark pink. Its nose is fruity - you certainly pick up on the berry. Flavors of tart blackberry and vinegar-like acidity. Overall, there’s a wonderful balance of sweet/tart. You’ll be disappointed if you’re expecting blackberry extract, but this is about perfect if you’re looking for a well-rounded Sour.

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - JUN 24, 2014
Am sampling this against Dogpatch Strawberry by Alamanac as well. Compared to DP SB, the blackberry is slightly more sweet, but still finishes dryly, has a bit more of the base fruit flavor, and slightly less tart. I prefer it to the SB, which is also very good, however.

Pailhead (6543) - Rochester Hills, Michigan, USA - JUL 12, 2014
Bottle: The aroma consists of Tart blackberries, sour lemon, white grapes, and vinous notes. It pours a transparent amber with a small white head that quickly fades to almost nothing. The flavor starts with a quick dose of blackberries. The finish has heavy sour lemon and sour white grapes. It’s light bodied with moderate carbonation. Overall, I think this the sour Almanac I like best.