RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Simcoe is one of the smelliest, most aggressive hops out there. Its fruity, dark and has a high alpha acid content. We used this hop to brew up our IPA. It’s brewed with 3.2lbs per barrel and dry hopped. Don’t worry, there is a healthy quantity of grain in there, too. Not for the faint of heart, but it is great for the hop head in your life.

Most RecentTicked By

kwoeltje (2233) - Manchester, Missouri, USA - JAN 26, 2014
(Wolpertinger 2014) gold with white head. Citrus aroma. Flavor is fruity bitter citrus.

kaser (6312) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 29, 2013
Great grata ipa. Pile of pine cones up the nose. Smooth. Very bitter. Citrus and hoppy yumminess. Love it

boozedude (2228) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - NOV 29, 2013
UPDATED: NOV 30, 2013 Tap at brewery... cloudy brihht yellow aroma.. aroma is pine and grapefruit hopps..very well put together ipa...love it! Really good love it I like to drink it with my mouth especially when I’m really thirsty nice

kaserk (55) - wdm, Iowa, USA - NOV 29, 2013
At the Alpha brewery with the fam damily. I just drank a Christmas tree. And I liked it!

phaleslu (10264) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 13, 2013
Draft at the brewpub, served in a sampler. Pours a clear gold with a small white head. Light aroma. Notes of citrus, grass, apricot, sweet malts, and florals. Light-bodied, with moderate carbonation and a mouthfeel that starts fruity and finishes more bitter. Decent IPA.

ogiergrove (120) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - APR 25, 2013
Had a bit of a funky gym locker and pine aroma from being crammed full of simcoe, but in a good way (just trust me). Remarkably smooth an easy drinking for 90 ibu's. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone