RATINGS: 1003   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.95/5   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
A West Coast Double IPA So mega-hopped it will take you to hop heaven. We’ve used hops in the boil, more hops in the giant hopback, and added to that, an incredible amount of dry-hopping for that cutting-edge “hop bite.” Once you’ve tasted this unique beer, all others pale in comparison. 1.072 OG Classified IBU 8%ABV

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - MAY 1, 2007
Pours honey colored w/ a medium sized, semi creamy froth. Good hangtime and nice residual lacing w/ a full, thick canopy. Aromas of hopsy starburst fruit chews at first then a slight biscuiting settles in. Medium full nectar w/ ample residual effers. The texture is a creamy cotton style. I’m amazed right off the bat. It’s not a malt bomb. Theres so much hop essence showing through theres no time for gooey malts. I’m talking perfect balance here. It’s not a grapefruit rollup either. It’s all citrus rind and asprin. I’d say asprin juice w/ a dash of tangerine, candy necklace, and biscuits. The sweetness factor, well, it just doesn’t factor in. It’s so mild, like a breeze in the 110 degree AZ heat . This is refined and so drinkable. The finish is scarred w/ all the aspin and only allows a slight amount of caramel to reach my palate. This is classic and I highly recommend getting some.

breals (7) - USA - FEB 9, 2008 does not count
It has a TON of hop, it’s all hop, every last good drop of this golden beer is a hoppy delight. It has a good nose, amber color and is well balanced on the palate.

I purchase this by the growler at the Alpine Beer Company. Yet another reason I love San Diego; great weather and great local beer.

tsoneill (7) - California, USA - MAY 24, 2010 does not count
Top notch IPA. Unbelievable hoppy aroma, flavor and finish. Medium to full body. BUT, hard to find on tap!! Happened upon a beer pub that was lucky enough to obtain a keg of the Pure Hoppiness a few months back. The bottled Pure Hoppiness is great, but if you can track down the draft, it’s that much better!!

Bestbrew1 (60) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 15, 2013
My favorite beer of theirs. Probably my favorite DIPA that I’ve ever had. Yes I like it more than Pliny, Sculpin and Heady Topper....and yes I said that. Nice head and phenomenal flavor smell and mouthfeel.

Artistdave (65) - Austin, USA - OCT 18, 2014
Perfect IPA from brewery at the source...perfect mouthfeel and great pine grass citrus aroma. Flavor brings out the hops as well. If you love hops as I do you will die whan you have this beer.

Paigeturner (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUL 8, 2015
Love visiting San Diego. Alpine is one of best at their IPAs this one is citrus pine and so fresh hoppy nature. Flavor is exceptionally fresh hops. Pine lingers on and on.

Plumb7 (6) - Cambridgeshire, ENGLAND - JUL 30, 2016 does not count
A great dipa. Very well balanced. Bitter but also smooth. Amazing beer. Worth all the hype.