overall
RATINGS: 191   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Since “Willy” is so versatile and can be flavored with fruits and essences, we add a touch of vanilla extract to compliment the sweet nuttiness. Also good mixed with Captain Stout, a blend we call “The Captain and Vanil.”

Booga (114) - Michigan, USA - SEP 11, 2016
Overall I tried one bottle of this even though I thought I probably wouldn’t like it. Kind of a weird concept but everything I can get from Alpine has been great, so when this was available, I decided to give it a shot. Smells like vanilla. Nice clear pale ale appearance with small white head. Base beer is probably a pretty good drinkable wheat ale for a summer day, but the vanilla made it strange. Not a drain pour but not one I would probably buy again. I would buy the base beer though. Better than I expected.

bpreo (2836) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - SEP 4, 2016
The vanilla flavor was a bit too strong for me. Luckily I had a chocolate Porter in the other hand to balance it out.

rumproasts (5356) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - SEP 3, 2016
bottle. Amber with small head. Light wheat body. Mild sweetness and very nice vanilla. Not gonna blow anyone away, but this is a nice beer that’s super easy to drink.

MarcoDL (4920) - NETHERLANDS - SEP 3, 2016
Draft at alpine. Aroma of soft vanilla and wheat. Taste has sweet vanilla, wheat, subtle tart, caramel and cream. Like vanilla ice, nice.

BelgianBeerGal (4066) - Panama City, Florida, USA - AUG 31, 2016
Impulse buy bottle from Bottlecraft SD. Enjoyed straight from the bottle. You get some sweet vanilla and light nuttiness in the aroma. The flavor starts with strong vanilla but then mellows into a wheaty finish. Okay; not sure everything goes together well.

chucklemation (1681) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2016
Pours a pale golden yellow with a foam head that quickly disappears. Aroma is vanilla. Flavor is vanilla and some malt. Has a medium body with plenty of carbonation. Not really complex, but I enjoy vanilla and I enjoy this.

CObiased (499) - Bayfield, Colorado, USA - AUG 28, 2016
12oz bottle - pours a mostly clear very light yellow with a thin off white head. Mild aroma of wheat, vanilla, light malt and a whiff of play doh. The flavors are subtle and refreshing - vanilla, wheat, blonde caramel and vanilla wafer.

altonbrownd (5897) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - AUG 27, 2016
Bottle from Beer and Wine. Hazy light orange body with fast-receding, slight head. Nose is citrus, faint, and vanilla for sure. Taste is very subtle of hops, and floral at first then the vanilla kicks in proper into a chalky finish. Pretty good.

dnstone (3404) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - AUG 24, 2016
Tastes and smells like cream soda...moderately sweet and vanilla dominated aroma and taste.

shoulderbroken (4255) - Tokyo, JAPAN - AUG 23, 2016
Bottle at Bishops Cave. Lots of vanilla but with a hint of citrus to perk it up. Surprisingly delicious. Lightly hoppy bitterness.