overall
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 106   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.35/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

NSBoys (12) - Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA - MAR 15, 2005
Have plenty of friends who swear by this beer, yet can’t seem to understand the craze over it. Seems to be a favorite in NB though.

GiBrew (171) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JAN 8, 2005
Alpine isn’t the greatest beer in the world. However, it’s the kinda beer you like to keep on hand to have a quick drink after work.....and it’s also the first beer I ever remember drinking in my life!

ReverendJames (3) - CANADA - NOV 29, 2004 does not count
After spending several years in the southern US, the first Alpine I tasted felt like angels were pouring it down my throat. If you are looking for a good, solid, session beer Alpine is the best. If you are looking for something exotic, move along.

Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 21, 2004
My wife picked this up for me in Canada. The locals said it won awards and was a good beer that was not sold in the USA. Well, I am not shedding any tears that I can’t get this beer in the USA. I will not make any special trips to get it either. The beer was very average to me.

clutchrogers (90) - Broussard, Louisiana, USA - MAY 17, 2004
slight hop and malt aroma. straw color with a big head at first fading down in to a lace. flavors of malt cookies and a slight hop flavor then a faint bitterness.not very impressive. still better than bud.

Wuddle (23) - Moncton, New Brunswick, CANADA - APR 4, 2004
A favorite with the locals. A great beer for outdoor activities. An excellent beer for enjoying around the campfire. Goes well with any food.

khrystena (1) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 3, 2004 does not count
Like most East Coast Canadians, I grew up with this. Must be very cold. One thing to clarify, You have to live on the East Coast to get it. I make sure when I visit I get some.

swiseman (502) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JAN 1, 2004
a very sweet beer and a favourite among locals. light to medium body, very yeasty, almost no aftertaste

nickchalk (229) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 26, 2003
Pale clear yellow, quickly dissappearing white head, no lacing. Aroma is way too weak, I have a mild cold, but I can smell nothing at all. Taste is also rather weak, though it has some nice subtle hoppiness which works well with the bready malts. Simple, uni-dimensional, better than Molson, but not by a whole lot. Bottle.

glider (57) - Shrub Oak, New York, USA - OCT 28, 2003
Enroute to PEI, a local NB gal recommended this one highly. While on PEI i bought a case and drank this as an everyday beer. better than most Molsons, it has a non-skunky crisp pleasant light to moderate aroma and taste, and while not totally excellent, is a good everyday primer beer. Moderate flavor from beginning to finish and on the dry side. Definitely would drink it again while @ Cavendish, but with all the draughts available on the island at pubs, eateries, etc, I'd just keep this in the room.