Altenmünster Rauchenfelser Steinbier

overall
Formerly brewed at Allgäuer Brauhaus (Oetker Group)
Style: Smoked
Kempten, Germany

RATINGS: 149   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
It has a lightly smoky taste which is achieved in the special brewing process.

uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2002
I really, really like this stuff. Goes great with grilled foor and red meat, I just love the smoky flavor. Who knows why.

RAUCHFEST (122) - PROSPECT PARK, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 28, 2002
oh yeah another rauchbeir good example nice maltiness along with a good smokiness a little more mellow than some quite drinkable

schniffy (42) - Houston, Texas, USA - DEC 15, 2001
Very recommended for newcomers who never tried smoked beer.

IslandHaole (1268) - Misawa, JAPAN - MAR 24, 2002
Aroma of Pizza, Pistrami, Rueben Sandwich. Nice dark amber carmel color. Smoked salmon flavor with currant undertones. I will go back for more , and more, and more, etc.......

austinpowers (2828) - San Francisco, California, USA - AUG 2, 2002
I cannot freakin’ believe that so many people have tried this beer already! It’s hard as hell to find in NYC. Since I love Sailer’s Altenmunster Premium, I thought I outta give this one a try, and I’m glad I chose to sate my thirst with so fine a rauchbier. It’s a session rauchbier, if there’s such a thing. It’s mildly smoked and you can really get the feel of the malty ale that lurks in the shadows. Surprisingly bitter, but a joy to imbibe. Drink this before you dive into the hardcore Schlenkerla rauchbier line.

lovibond (115) - New York, USA - DEC 29, 2001
Slight caramel in the aroma and flavor give way to a very appropriate level of smokiness. One of Michael Jackson’s videos features the special process used to produce this beer -- fascinating. This is more of a Steinbier than a Rauchbier, so don’t expect an agressive smoke character. Great beer!

foduck (330) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 16, 2002
Smoky aroma. Crystal-clear and orange/golden colored like an oktoberfest. Smoky flavor, a tiny bit of maltiness in the background, adequate bitterness. I really thought this was a great rauchbier.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUN 18, 2017
From old tasting notes. Brilliant orange, copper color. Thick, creamy beige head. Smoky toasted maltiness. Crisp, roasted caramel malt flavor with a smoky backdrop and hints of molasses and herbs. Tasty and truly unique in its style.